(Topic created on: 05-07-2024 06:03 AM)
Dual-eSIM-S24Ultra
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Device S24 Ultra
Physical SIM: Bell
eSIM: ROGERS 

No issue with my ROGERS eSIM, however my Bell SIM APN keeps disappearing. Impact is no data and MMS does not work. 

I have to manually configure Bell APN settings each time. 

Thought there was an issue with my (5+ year old) Bell SIM, so I replaced it with a new Bell SIM but that did not help.

I called both Samsung support and Bell Mobility tech support and they didn't help, just blaming each other, so we kept going in circles 🤦🏾

FYI, I previously had an unlocked international device - Note10+ Dual (physical) SIM and no issue. After upgrading recently (about 2 months) to S24 Ultra, no issues even after updating to the latest Samsung software update, until recently these past two weeks.....

Does anyone have a solution for this?
0 Likes
18 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't think that it's a solution, but go to the Samsung Members app & Click on Support & Phone Diagnostics.. run the Diagnostics for the SIM, it's possible that it's a hardware issue with the SIM Tray? 

You could always Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache, but I don't think that will help. 

Only other thing that you can do would be to Factory Reset.. it won't help if it's an issue with the hardware. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Diagnostics showing Bell SIM is normal. Even though Bell APN is blank, since it is a physical SIM, phone calls and SMS is working.
However, MMS and data is not working.

Already tried wipe cache from Boot and already tried factory reset.....that dud help either

Samsung tech support said it's not a device issue since APN is working fine for ROGERS and I have tested other physical SIMS....
0 Likes
vbernier
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
723480 is your Microsoft account verification code. Go passwordless with Microsoft Authenticator https://aka.ms/authapp1715139050398_1715139050386_0.jpg
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, that's really sad and we are so sorry to hear that your'e facing this issue after the recent update.

Have you tried to perform Wipe cache partition after the update?  It is recommended to perform wipe your cache partition through recovery mode after every update and check if it resolves the problem.

1. Hold the Power button and Volume Down to open the power options where choose the Power off.

2. When the screen goes dark press the Volume Up and Power keys together.

3. Let go of all held buttons when you see the Recovery mode on the screen.

4. Then you should select Wipe cache partition. Use Volume Up to navigate and the Power button to accept it.

5. Choose Yes and press the Power key to confirm that operation.

6. After that select Reboot system now with the Power key."

Thank you.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes, not sure if you saw, as I mentioned above, already tried. But I'll try again
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Over the last few months in the USA, lots of complaints about the same issue. Maybe try looking at Samsung Members US.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Looks like it's a global issue. Lots of Members complaining on Samsung Euro communities

Unfortunately have not seen/found a solution on any of those forums
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Another option I'm thinking is what if I remove the physical Bell SIM and add it as another e-SIM

Thoughts?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't know if it's possible? But I don't think so. 

0 Likes