Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera malfunction/fail in 3 days

(Topic created on: 04-08-2024 07:23 PM)
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I recently bought my new S24 Ultra online via the Samsung Shop app, delivery was fast and I scheduled to trade in my Note 20 Ultra (infamous green line happened after the latest update) on the next Tuesday but within 3 days from my purchase, I realized the camera is malfunctioning. 

I attended a concert 2 days after I received the phone and the photo quality was very blurry and low resolution. At 1st I thought maybe I has the wrong setting or it's the lighting issue but here comes the issue, the camera keep stuck/froze/stopped recording when I zoom past x10. It said camera failed, apps not responding and only 1 camera to be used (there's no other apps opened). I tried resetting the camera settings, restart my phone, open in safe mode, updated all softwares and factory reset it twice but issue still persists. 

I went down to the service center and requested for a repair but it will take 5~7 days and Im not even sure if the issue will be solved so I asked if I can request for a refund or replacement unit but was told I need to get it checked/repair to determine if its a software issue or hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue, they will ask for approval from higher management to get me a new replacement unit. I'm now stuck with the Note 20 U with green line that might die anytime soon and not sure when I will get back my new phone. 

It is really disappointing that I spend so much for a flagship phone and to replace the previous flagship phone only to get it spoilt in 3 days time. I don't even know if I will get a functional flawless phone back. Was really excited to use the new Samsung S24 Ultra but its just a very bad experience now. 
Hopefully I will get good news in the next 5 days. 
AllenTay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
https://www.samsung.com/sg/shop-faq/returns-and-cancellations/what-is-the-samsung-online-store-retur...

Can ask to return due to functional defects then maybe buy another one afterwards?
0 Likes
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I did ask before. They said if the box is opened they cannot do a return. 🥲 Luckily after showing proof again during the 2nd inspection they accept that there's issue with the hardware and management approved. They say will give me a replacement but it will be in 10 days time. It's another waiting game I guess. I just hope the new phone is free from all the issue 🙏 I'm so tired already haha
AllenTay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
10 days time?? Your s24 ultra is special color?
0 Likes
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Nope. It's the Titanium Gray. They did said it might be less than 10 days but never know when. I just hope it's here before I trading off my note20u 🙃🙃
AllenTay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You might be able to ask for a loaner set for the time being
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeap I did. They did gave me one but it's a hassle to keep transferring data. Especially with all the logins and 2 step authentication @@
0 Likes
Darknight10
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Pls change other brand hp. Samsung s u c k! 😞
0 Likes
Peggiepy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Unfortunately they don't allow refund but they gave me a new replacement unit. Hope this time it's okay 👍
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh that's great. To provide a new screen protector. I guess they noticed that u have alr applied screen protector on ur device..
0 Likes
dhmr89
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

Same case here but it happen after 3 weeks. I tried everything, just now i even tried factory reset. It seem like a hardware issue. I'm going to the shop today to see the way to solve this.. 🤔

0 Likes