Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Video Mode Focus

(Topic created on: 05-11-2024 06:58 PM)
GG2
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
This is what happens when zooming from 1x to 5x or 10x in video mode. The focus hunting is terrible and sometimes doesn't focus at all. Not sure if this is happening since the latest update or not but my S23 Ultra doesn't have this issue at all. Anyone else ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I wanted to upload the video test I did but for some reason, it's not letting me upload videos in replies...

But for video or photos for me, it works fine.

I'm also using lens protectors I bought from Spigen.

Are you using any? I know some cheaper brands have a black border around the camera lens protector and it covers part of the lens itself with the laser autofocus thing. That could play a part I believe.

If you don't use any lens cover, make sure the lens are clean. I'm not gonna bother telling you clear cache and what not cause I know you probably did that already. But for sure, something's wrong with that cam

Here are my video cam settings btw if it can help

My super steady mode is also off.1715559932319.jpg1715559932322.jpg

View solution in context

14 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi GG2, that's sad to hear that this issue started after the update. Have you tried to perform perform Clear cache and Clear date for the camera app? 

Go to Settings > Tap on Apps and Scroll down to the camera > Tap on Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data for the camera.

If it doesn't work please reset the camera app. Reset the Camera app > Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings > Swipe to and tap Reset settings, and then tap Reset.

If the above steps doesn't work, we kindly request you to send us an error report using Samsung members application.

Open the Samsung Members app, and then tap the + key at the bottom right > Tap Error reports > A message will populate for you to choose Always to send the system log data or Just this time. We recommend being connected to Wi-Fi network depending on your mobile network plan > You will be able to choose from Category on what issue your device might be experiencing among the list > Please enter issue details or attach a video or screenshot to make easier to understand. Then press Send icons to complete report.

Meanwhile, we will also forward this issue to our appropriate team for review.

Thank you.

0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
All that was done prior posting this. I would like some feedback from other S24 users if it's the same.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
The issue was my magnetic case interfering with the camera. I switched cases and everything is fine now. No issues with the phone or update.
0 Likes
Bobby03
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Everyone is facing the same issue switching lenses on s24 Ultra.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Camera mode is fine, I don't use video mode often but i believe it wasn't like that before or at least not this bad. Lots of times from 1x to 5x, if never finds its focus and have to switch back to 1x. All this camera hype from Samsung ....
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have no issues. I just tried switching from 0.6 to 1, 3, 5 and 10. And then 1 to 3,5 and 10.

I switched in and out between the zoom length and the base 0.6 or 1.

The transaction is not exactly super smooth but it doesn't stutter that much for the focus.

For info, I use 60fps, 1080
Auto FPS on
High bitrate on
HDR10+ on

Hacksaw Ridge, great effing movie btw!
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Mines horrible and im on pretty much the same settings as you. If i go from 0.6 to 1x or 3x its fine but as soon as i hit the 5x or 10x , it's a disaster. I rarely use video so im not sure if it's like this from day 1 or not. I definitely do not want to deal with Samsung CS.

Agree.. very good movie.

* It's doing the same thing in photo mode now.
0 Likes
Solution
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I wanted to upload the video test I did but for some reason, it's not letting me upload videos in replies...

But for video or photos for me, it works fine.

I'm also using lens protectors I bought from Spigen.

Are you using any? I know some cheaper brands have a black border around the camera lens protector and it covers part of the lens itself with the laser autofocus thing. That could play a part I believe.

If you don't use any lens cover, make sure the lens are clean. I'm not gonna bother telling you clear cache and what not cause I know you probably did that already. But for sure, something's wrong with that cam

Here are my video cam settings btw if it can help

My super steady mode is also off.1715559932319.jpg1715559932322.jpg
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Im not using any lens protectors BUT you mentioning it led me to think could my ESR magnetic case cause this issue somehow and YES it definitely does ! As soon as i remove my cover, it works perfectly, put it back on, issue is back .. go figure. I didn't think the magnets in the case could cause camera issues 🤔 but it's all good now. Thanks for helping Deeezzyyy, appreciate it. Glad my phone is fine.