Original topic:

Samsung CSC Code

(Topic created on: 08-22-2023 05:31 PM)
ZayedKherani
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 from Rogers (my exact specs will be listed below). I wanted to check the CSC code of my phone so I opened the phone app and ran *#1234#. I check the CSC part of the "Version" screen that opened and saw SM901WOYV3CWF2, meaning my CSC code is OYV, but I have checked every website to find that the CSC code used for Rofers is RWC. I did buy the phone from Costco but Rogers Business handles my billings, meaning it ahould be a Rogers branded phone, which it is as it comes with the Rogers apps preinstalled, even after a factory reset. I thought Costco might have their own CSC code for Canada but I couldn't find any information about that. I even contacted someone I know who had bought the same exact phone from Costco and they said they had a BMC code, meaning they are using Bell's phone. I contacted someone who has an S22 Ultra from Rogers through Costco and they have a RWC CSC code. Do I have a different phone than other people? Is it a refurbished? It can't be a Canada unbranded/unlocked phone as those are CHR or XAC (most common). I do receive the updates as per the Rogers OS Upgrade Schedule, so that isn't a concern either.

Phone Specs:
Model: SM901W (Samsung Galaxy S22 Canada)
CSC: OYV
Color: Green
Android Version: Android 13
One UI Version: One UI 5.1
Google Play System Update: February 1, 2023
Storage: 128gb
0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

"OYV" is not the CSC.

The CSC would be what comes after OYV. 

You don't need to use any Dialer Code to find this information. 

Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information & Look at Service Provider Software Version.

On my Rogers device it is "RWC". 

Screenshot_20230822_224237.jpg

0 Likes
ZayedKherani
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Got it, thanks very much, I was going off of what I saw online. Settings shows: RWC/RWC,RWC/XAC/RWC
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I forgot to mention, but it is odd that your device is on the February Play System Update. My S20 Ultra One UI V5.1, is on the July Play System Update. 

Go to Settings > Security & Privacy > Click on Play System Update & see if at least the July Play System Update is available for your device.

Screenshot_20230823_042804.jpg

FYI, in case you're wondering why there's an exclamation mark beside "App Security", it's because I don't use Samsung's McAfee "antivirus" software nonsense. 

0 Likes
ZayedKherani
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I don't think I stated, I bought this phone under a company, so my company's security policies apply, I just haven't bothered releasing the update into the company policy, but I believe the latest for me is the August 1, 2023 Security update, and just like yours, it's the July Play System Update.
I also don't use McAfee, its all pure bs that Samsujg promotes, (although I do pay for McAfee for my PCs and Macs)
I also keep Play Protect off, I'm developing an app company wide, and the beta builds aren't signed, causing Google to detect it as a virusScreenshot_20230823_110611_Settings.jpg
0 Likes