Original topic:

SUDDEN GREEN LINE

(Topic created on: 04-22-2024 05:19 AM)
Pottt
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I was scrolling through my phone and out of nowhere THE TERRIFIC GREEN LINE appears, my s22ultra is not under warranty anymore, went to samsung center and they said the cost would be rm964!!??

I replaced my lcd before too due to the green glitch after software update last year but this time the line is not going away!? I tho it was just me but turns out its an global issue when i stable upon this one uncle at lowyat today

I wanted to change my lcd at lowyat bcs it only took a day, 1st store stated its rm999, after few hours they called & told me they couldn't fix it. Best to go samsung & pay rm1.6k !?

Then 2nd store where i met the uncle who was having the exact same problem as me which is GREEN LINE ON HIS FLAGSHIP PHONE started complaining that it might be a dead pixel, or software update. The sellers told me it would cost me rm850 to change lcd then ok i wanted to just proceed, upon waiting, the technician called & stated the same, they cant do it, they cant fix the phone in fear that this problem would relate to mother board so they wanted to order spareparts from samsung which is also rm1650 like what the ***!? 

Sending the phone to samsung center would not only cost me money but also took around a week to be fix!? Mind you that my phone never drops, the phone should be durable nought to withstand minor drop or pressure. Idek if this is software or hardware issue, im.just joping samsung malaysia would take action on this bcs honestly this is so ridiculous 
17 Comments
AnythingTech
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
What a horror!! And a relatively new phone! Mine is a Note20Ultra, Sansung's flagship.... mine had vertical pink lines, and like you, one early morning it just appeared! It will cost me RM1200 to change screen. And the inconvenience!

Come on Samsung!! What is happening????? Please respond!!
AiryPotty
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Don't hear about this problem on s23 just yet. Maybe it's time triggered or a display problem. Don't hear it happening on older models from s8 to s10.
Drippymatt
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yup,could be a different screen they used for the s20,s21 and s22 series or really motherboard kong ady
0 Likes
adham84
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Downgrading from Android 12 to 11 may solve greenline issues for some users, as the greenline problem has been reported by some users after updating to Android 12. However, it's important to note that downgrading your operating system can be a complex process and may lead to data loss or other issues. It's always best to consider other troubleshooting steps or wait for official updates from the device manufacturer to address the greenline issue.

0 Likes
JoshuaH1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It's officially a worldwide issue. Worst thing is that the lines can multiply over time. Samsung Malaysia should offer free screen replacement if they want to save their reputation. Even low end phones from other brands last longer...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgregor/2024/04/19/samsung-galaxy-green-line-display-problem-galaxy...
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Pottt,

Greetings from Samsung Community!

Rest assured, we heard your enquiries.
This is moderator from Samsung Community.
We would love to assist you further, please check your private message.

Have a nice day ahead!

Warm Regards,
Samsung Community

Sad_Oyen16
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi Moderator,

Can u please PM me? im having the same issue.

0 Likes
Johans21u
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung Mod

After the last update suddenly my phone has a green line 🥲 i updated to 6.1

The my battery dead i charged it up and find a green line i didnt even drop it. So unfair. Help me please.

Email me 

Johanm910@gmail.com

0 Likes
S20green
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Many ppl told me samsung device and appliance is not durable now i believe it. Sadly china phone not even get close to samsung and apple onli can sell budget and mid-end phone. I will buy iphone. Hope samsung replace the screen for my collection