Original topic:

GREEN LINE ISSUE

(Topic created on: 04-22-2024 04:36 PM)
firstsamsung
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
I am first time samsung user. Had been loyal to IPhone. Own a flip Z3 for slightly more than 2 years now. Recently my phone has this bright green line on the screen and have consulted with repair Centre and were asked to pay an exorbitant price to get it repaired. MYR 1600. After reading a lot of complaints here and other countries, seems like it is a prevalent issue. Is this manufacturing defect and is samsung actively looking into solving the existing problem for existing users? 
32 Comments
JoshuaH1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Forbes has a recent article on this. It is most likely a manufacturing defect (choice of materials for their screens). Samsung Malaysia has yet to announce any free replacement program.
firstsamsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yes, it seems that samsung offers free one time free replacement for screen, battery etc for namely the NEW flip z and probably some other models as well. Samsung should look into this matter seriously and think about how to compensate the existing users and not just take care of potential new users. What about us?
AnythingTech
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Mine is a Note20Ultra....so called flagship phone. May be 4 years old, but it was really expensive too! To change is RM1200.... come on!
firstsamsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I feel you. It cost me an arm and leg to buy this cute phone but it let me down. Now it will cost me the other arm and leg to repair it. 😩
0 Likes
AMANRAJ
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
So far my galaxy screen is still okay
0 Likes
firstsamsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Happy for you. You are lucky. 😄
0 Likes
amiratul
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
What are you going to do now? It's too pricey to repair.
0 Likes
firstsamsung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
It's quite a dilemma isn't it? Any suggestion?
0 Likes
amiratul
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Ikr. I wont suggest you repair it 🙂 if you had some cash i would recommend you buy a new phone. Not a flip/fold phone 👎🏻