Original topic:

How do you back up Samsung Notes in Secure Folder?

(Topic created on: 10-19-2021 04:04 PM)
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z
So there is no longer an option to back up secure folder anymore. So then, how do people back up Samsung Notes in the secure folder. I have lots of sensitive notes I would not want outside of secure folder. If there's no way to back up Samsung Notes in secure folder, then what's the point of making notes in secure folder, if they can't be backed up? And there is also no option within the Samsung Notes app itself, in the secure folder, to back up notes. This is very frustrating.
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I haven't used the Secure Folder for a while, but I used to get prompted to back it up with Smart Switch. Are you saying that no longer happens? 

0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I'm referring to going into the settings for secure folder. There used to be an option to back up all of secure folder, including apps and files. Now there's no more option to do so. You can only restore previous back up. But any new notes in Samsung Notes or files will no longer be backed up.

Screenshot_20211019-195038_Secure Folder_14784.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

So I just enabled the Secure Folder on my S20 Ultra running One UI V3.1 & Backup & Restore are both available in the Secure Folder's Settings. 

If you can, you may want to TEMPORARILY move everything you want FROM the Secure Folder & THEN UNINSTALL it > Reboot & Install it again & make sure that you have the latest version of the Secure Folder installed. 

20 October 2021 115807 GMT-0400.jpg

20 October 2021 115814 GMT-0400.jpg

WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I'll give that a try. Funny thing is, back up is still available on my Note 10 Plus, but not on my Flip 3.
0 Likes
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
OK, so I Uninstalled and reinstalled secure folder. And can now confirm, back up is no longer available. See highlighted note in screenshot. This is for my Z Flip 3. But as mentioned, my Note 10 Plus, still has the option to back up secure folder. Why would anyone use a security option to make notes and documents, and not being able to back up those notes. That's crazy. Bad decision by Samsung to remove back up option on secure folder.Screenshot_20211021-123452_Secure Folder.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Yeah that does seem kinda ridiculous! 

No idea why Samsung would remove the backup option on their most expensive device?? 

Probably the same people who thought it was a good idea to remove the Notification LED, Headphone jack, Heart Rate Sensor & the Charging block... 🙄

But hey, Samsung has decided to collaborate with some "fashion" company... 🙄 💩 for brains! 

Tejeron
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Samsung now becomes maker of fashion phone :( not smart phone

0 Likes
skroftruth
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I don't understand why they would take backup and sync away from secure folder. I have kids that play with my tablet, so I keep my personal notes in the secure folder to prevent them from being deleted. Seems like something that would automatically be a function. I can't even share between devices. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Omek
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

A bit late reply, but I was just going through same problem.

So the only solution I found was to move notes from secure to standard on old device and when they appear on new device, move them to secure folder notes. Just remember they will appear not as new so if you have it sorted by date they will be mixed with existing one. 

It's a bummer they removed backup for secure folder. 

0 Likes