Original topic:

POOR service

(Topic created on: 05-06-2024 03:15 PM)
Samsung_3sKVhQw
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

About Samsung Malaysia Services

Visit and Issue Overview On May 4, 2024, I visited Samsung for a consultation regarding an issue with the screen of my Galaxy Fold 5.

History

1. Upon taking the phone to the repair room, the technician observed traces of internal impact and informed me that it would incur a repair cost. I was told they would consult headquarters to determine if the repair could be covered free of charge and that they would contact me directly.

2. At 10:30 on May 6, 2024, I received a call from the service manager. I protested the claim of external damage, but according to their service policy, the repair would be charged. The best headquarters could offer was a 30% discount. I was given the option to accept this discount or wait for a potentially better offer, so I chose to wait.

3. Later that same day, at 13:12, I received another call confirming that a 50% discount was the final offer, which I accepted to avoid further hassle.

Customer Feedback

1. My initial contact with the service center was through live chat on May 2nd, which was highly unsatisfactory. (Please see the attached document for details of this interaction.)

2. It puzzles me that as consumers, we are not allowed to verify damages ourselves but must rely on the assessment made in the repair room. Despite the presence of CCTV as a measure of trust, past incidents of illegal part sales and unfriendly service responses undermine this trust. The claim that CCTV footage should suffice for verifying their claims feels insincere when the camera angles themselves might not capture everything accurately.

3. When initially offered a 30% discount on the repair costs, I felt compelled to accept it, dissatisfied as I was. There is a glaring need for clearer guidance regarding the repair process and associated costs. My conversation with the hq staff lasted an hour.

4. The final discount offered was 50%, but regardless of how much I ponder, I cannot recall any instance of dropping the phone. The Galaxy Fold, despite being in a genuine Samsung case (with a built-in Galaxy Pen), is not dustproof, and I suspect that fine particles could have infiltrated the device when folded. While I've accepted the 50% discount, this experience has left a deep impression of irresponsibility and unprofessionalism on the part of Samsung Malaysia.

Broader Concerns Starting with the Flip model, Samsung promised an integrated Galaxy ecosystem experience. However, the transition from competing Apple products to equivalent Samsung products has been marred by substandard service. The service representatives have not treated me with the basic dignity expected by customers. If live chat responses are automated by AI, what value is there in human interaction?

In light of these experiences, I am compelled to express my dissatisfaction. Samsung Malaysia must address these service shortcomings.

2 Comments
benSJS
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
How disappointing... Samsung seemed to have succumbed to corporate greed. A tarnished core with a colourful shell
0 Likes
Wingscout
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
No matter how much Samsung praise about it, fold or flip phones tend to break down faster than slab phone. Until the day Samsung willing to honor the warranty without any charges from customer, I will refrain myself from getting one. Sorry about your bad experience
0 Likes