Original topic:

Pre-installed screen protector

(Topic created on: 10-19-2022 07:56 PM)
Sam-N
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi guys, it’s me again. I noticed that the front screen of the Fold comes a preinstalled screen protector. I spoke to a phone shop and they recommended replacing the preinstalled screen protector with a stronger one that can withstand a drop and protect the screen from cracking. Any views on this, please? Is it advisable to replace the original screen protector? If yes, what screen protectors are people using? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Sam-N, we would like to inform you that Samsung offers a one time offer for screen protector replacement. 

Please contact the Samsung Experience Stores (Yorkdale; Eaton Center) or Mobile Service centers (Heartland Town Centre and Montreal Service Center) to replace the screen protector.

You can also use the below link to find the nearest Samsung Authorized service center to get it replaced.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
Sam-N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thanks Helenna. Mine is brand new so there's nothing wrong with it. Just wanted to find out if it can withstand a drop or I need to change to a tampered glass
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
hello Sam-N.. good day.. if you are talking about the front screen protector if the phone is unFolded, i would replace it with a tempered glass.. it is like protecting a $2000 device with a $50 glass... the fold device comes with a film screen protector, and yup the inside screen protector can be replaced by samsung one time.

there are good brands of tempered glass for the outside screen.. like whitestone dome glass, am-film tempered glass, or spigen..

for me, i would replace the outside screen protector with a tempered glass but i will not replace the inside film screen protector as samsung can replace it if it wears out.

This is just my thoughts so its up to you to decide.
Sam-N
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thanks very much. Yes, I was referring to the outer screen and replacing the film with a tampered glass. I'll look out for the glasses you suggested. The phone is just a few days old so there's nothing wrong with the inside protector