Original topic:

Prevent 5 yo accessing google play and galaxy play stores

(Topic created on: 04-30-2024 11:52 AM)
HotBoatySauce
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Hey guys, does anyone know a good way to prevent a 5 year old from getting into the play stores or other various apps on my phone? He's downloading all kinds of free games and other things, and taking pics through the camera then sharing them to all my contacts as the "share" option pops up (imagine my panic thinking of the contacts i never wanted to message getting pics from me).

I looked into the secure app option but it's pointless as you can still access the app from the menu, without a lock. I have tried to restrict all access in Google play store but it still let's me install apps (even apps that were never installed before).

I have the pin on my home screen but you know how kids are, they're fast and, ya. Sometimes i don't even know until a lil while after that he has snatched my phone and is hiding with it downloading all kind of things and playing games. 
Every answer i seem to find assumes that the child has their OWN phone. He's little, he does not have his own device. Surely other youngns this age don't either...

Thanks in advance ☺️ 
(Z flip 5)

0 Likes
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Add the "Kids Mode" Tile to your QS Tiles. 

Edit the QS Tiles & you'll see "Kids", and it will be added to the QS Tiles for easy access. 

They shouldn't be able to download anything when it's enabled. 

Screenshot_20240430_150831.jpg

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, you can restrict your child’s app usage by setting up Parental controls through Google’s Family Link app. Once you do, you'll be able to prevent them from accessing certain apps and also keep an eye on how long they use their phone or tablet, and set limits for screen time.

• Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Digital Wellbeing and parental controls > 
  • Tap Parental controls, and then tap Get started.

• Select Child or teen, or Parent, depending on the device’s user. In this case, tap Parent.

• Next, tap Get Family Link and install Google Family Link.
  • If needed, install the app. When it's done downloading, tap Open, review the information, and then tap Get started.
  • If you have more than one Google account added to your device, select your desired one.
  • Next, you will need to get your child's account set up for supervision. If your child already has an account, tap Yes and then follow the on-screen instructions to get their account and device set up.
  • If they do not have an account, tap No, and follow the instructions to set up a Google account for your child.
  • Continue following the instructions on-screen. You may need to provide your Google account credentials and agree to the terms and conditions.
  • Once the child's account and device are set up, you can manage their access.
0 Likes