Original topic:

Swipe Gestures not working

(Topic created on: 02-13-2024 09:36 AM)
zf23
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
My swipe Gestures isn't working in my z fold 3. I try to swipe up to bring up all my windows however it doesn't work. The back and close gesture works but not the one that shows all my open apps. Everything is updated on my phone.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, I request you to please follow the below steps once and check again.

Here is the path:

Power the device off.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.

Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.

Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device.

0 Likes
zf23
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Clearing the cache will that remove anything important off my phone? Apps or any other files?
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we would like to inform you that Wipe cache is kind of like a cleanse for your phone. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.

0 Likes
zf23
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
That didn't work. It looks like my apps are being closed and none of them are staying open and being put to sleep. I have check background usage and none of them are being kept in sleep. It was but changed that however it still doesn't work
0 Likes
zf23
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I looked in to all the settings and can't find a solution to this. It works on my other Samsung devices. It stopped working a few days ago
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, I request you to please perform the below steps once and check.

If your phone is misbehaving, it is possible that a third-party app is causing the issue.

To figure out which app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature.

In Safe Mode, your phone will not run any third-party apps.

This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following:

First, completely power off the phone.

Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

Important: When you exit Safe Mode, some of your customization options (wallpapers, themes, etc.) may be reset to default.

0 Likes