Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

The New Swipe Gestures is not Friendly for Z Folds

(Topic created on: 04-08-2024 04:43 AM)
Raxus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
My phone just updated to the new UI 6.1. I prefer to use the swipe gestures because it keeps my screen free. The new wipe gestures now makes it hard to use my z fold because now I need to awkwardly swipe from the side to use the back button. And it doesn't work most of the time for some reason. 

And I can't activate the recent button to switch apps. It keeps getting messed up and opening my samsung pay. And when I want to use samsung pay, sometimes the recent button gets activated. 

How do I return it to the way it was? 

0 Likes
9 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I'm not sure if GoodLock works for the Flip / Fold devices. 

But if it does, have a look at my post in the link below. 

It would return the previous Navigation Gestures that you are used to using. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/many-problems-after-the-update/m-p/26332586#M138034

Raxus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thank you. I'm going to try. It's so hard to switch between apps now. I wonder what samsung was thinking especially when they have large screen phones. It's so awkward to use gestures.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I think that it's all about "circle search", which unfortunately isn't particularly useful, as far as I am concerned. 

Pretty certain that it has also affected the very bottom edge of the screen sensitivity. Swipe Up has definitely lost some of it's effectiveness.. hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update. 🤞🏻

Raxus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Thank you! It worked. Now I don't have to risk dropping my phone when using one hand while it's unfolded.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Happy to hear 👍🏻

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
What fold do you have?
0 Likes
Raxus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Z fold 5
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Ok thank you
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Raxus, we are glad to see that you found the required information and your issue has been resolved.

If you found RedDogRabbit's explanation useful, kindly take a moment to click 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes