Original topic:

Z fold 3 screen protector issue and stress lines

(Topic created on: 06-22-2022 10:34 AM)
180canadians
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Hey everybody. On the inside screen of my z fold 3 at the top hinge I noticed the pre-installed screen protector is bubbling and there are micro stress lines down the spine as well. It also is over heating when using it for minimal gaming. Anyone else have this issue. My phone is less than a year old and I do have Samsung care plus as well. Please help! I love this phone and would like to keep it!
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Seems to be a known (if unadmitted by Samsung issue). 

There's been a number of other owners of your device with similar problems. 

You can probably find them by searching for "screen protector". 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we are sorry to hear the issue your'e facing with your device.

We would like to inform you that Samsung offer 1 time free screen protector replacement for Z Fold 3 at the Authorized Service Centers (Walk-in MSC (Montreal Service center (Montreal, Quebec) and SES (Samsung Experience Store) location) and Pick-up /Mail In (Futuretel).   

It's recommended to do the following when the device heats up during usage:

•Keep the device updated with the latest software.
•Conflicts between running apps may cause the device to heat up. Restart the device.
•Deactivate the Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth features when not using them.
•Close apps that increase battery consumption or that run in the background when not in use.
•Delete unnecessary files or unused apps.
•Decrease the screen brightness.
•If the device over heats or feels hot for a prolonged period, do not use it for a while.

0 Likes
tbagger
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Where abouts in Edmonton?
0 Likes
Olay007
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Where can I get this done in Calgary, Alberta?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Here is the link to Samsung Service centers.. there aren't that many? 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
180canadians
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Probably know where close I did however just take it off as is dose not void the warranty and notice that the screen protector was just covering up the ACTUAL SCREEN PROTECTOR built into all foldable devices. You know the one from the fold 2 that your not supposed to remove. It's under the one that's bubbling on your fold 3. Other than that, mail it in with no offer of a replacement until then OR hit up a samsung experience store that they send you to to find out they only order the screen protector and repair on site. THEY DO NOT carry them in store for repair. If you need proof how bad they are at customer service I have all the proof you need. Save yourself some time and gently take it off. Turns it into a fold 4 basically considering the new update did just that
0 Likes