Original topic:

Extremely disappointing customer service. Lack of EQ

(Topic created on: 03-17-2023 01:14 PM)
MarvT
Active Level 2
Options
Have Your Say

Firstly, let me say that I have been using Samsung products for more than 15 years now and most of my home products are still from Samsung but this recent experience have definitely made me think twice about future purchases.

I bought the Galaxy Flip 4 back in August 2022 and the screen stopped working over a month ago. I brought the phone back to the retailer and they sent it off to get repaired on 20th February and was told I would get my phone back in 3-5days. I received a call from a call centre informing that there is lack of parts and a manager would call me soon to rectify the issue with my phone, alas this call never arrived.

I waited till 2nd March and decided to go the retailer to get an update on my phone and was told that the parts arrived on the 28th February and I would get my phone back in the next few days.

I received a text on the 6th March from a case manager requesting a proof of purchase from me which I thought was odd, so I sent a photo of the Service Order sheet instead, but she called me and requested for the proof of purchase instead which I sent through as she wanted to see how much I bought phone for and wanted to rectify this issue. By this time it has been 2 weeks without my phone. 

I did not get any follow up until I received a generic text message on the 8th March offering me a full refund excluding all after product care/extended warranty and was prompted to reply "YES" if I wanted to proceed with this.  I was really taken aback by the level of customer service or lack there of and decided to "write the email to CEO" hoping this would come about with some kind of result. 

9th March- I received a call from a new case manager and has been informed that he has taken over my case. I informed him of all the issues and lack of result that I have been through and he offered a replacement phone to the S23+ but without a choice in colour as they only had the lavender left, at this time I had no choice but to accept this as all my details and information has been stored on my Samsung account. I then questioned if they would transfer my Samsung Care+ to my new phone but he said that it was run by a different department and I would have to quote my current IMEI number and request IF I can transfer the subscription to the new phone. 

By today (3 weeks) I still I still have not received a phone, nor have I been given a tracking number to check on the progress. Now, I am not sure if they understand the difficulty of integrating all aspects of my life to the Samsung ecosystem and not being able to access it  while being tossed around like a number. I do not see the point in creating amazing tech devices and then turning all those efforts around by offering horrendous post-purchase customer care. How will Samsung ever get a larger market share in Australia if they continue with this? Probably never unless they change their processes. 

0 Likes
13 Comments
JAG19
Active Level 1
Have Your Say
Samsung are going dumb and don't give a **bleep** about service.
I've tried to get them to fix my service but just get the runaround. They want you contract but don't give a flying duck about problems they have.
0 Likes
MarvT
Active Level 2
Have Your Say

I'm not sure what is happening with them, I am just baffled how a company as large and successful as is not able to solve such a simple issue. 

0 Likes
Have Your Say
Hi @MarvT

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Please send an email to our Community team so that they can have a look for you.
Also supply any reference numbers/case manager information.

members.au@samsung.com
Subject Title: SamsungClaudette - Flip4 replacement <----Please post this in the Email Subject as well as your community name.

Name:
Email:
Contact Number:
Order Number:
State of residence:
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Have Your Say

Hey @

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

MarvT
Active Level 2
Have Your Say

Thanks Dolgogi.

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Have Your Say

Hey @MarvT 

I am sorry to hear you that you are having this issue. Could you please refer to @'s

message so I can help you with you issue.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

MarvT
Active Level 2
Have Your Say

I have sent you an email. 

MarvT
Active Level 2
Have Your Say

I have to say, I kept my hopes up but this is ridiculous. I went into the store today and asked them about my replacement phone. They had no idea what I was talking about and was not given any notice either. Today is DAY 10 from the promised 7-10 days for my replacement phone and I am 2 days away from ONE MONTH for not having a phone which was under warranty. Sorry if I sound peeved but I am definitely losing hope for Samsung.

jimbo13
Active Level 3
Have Your Say

MarvT, did you get any reposne ??

0 Likes