Original topic:

Concerned about Samsung Australia..

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 10:01 AM)
Members Star's Corner
Hi

Apparently Samsung AU released an update across their ebtire fleet over New Years which bricked a load of devices. 

The "solution" to wipe phones because someone installed an update that YOU provided is totally unacceptable. 2022 was ridded with customer complaints on here about incredibly poor customer service from Samsung Australia, I felt conflicted because I ultimately said nothing at all. However 2023 is starting off with more of the same. Why can't Samsung Australia perform like Samsung literally anywhere else overseas does? The custoner support in Korea is actually good whereas the support here is totally abysmal.

Telling people that they should lose all their contacts and photos is something you should never do. You shohld ALWAYS have a plan B that can retain this data, sure it might be more work for you to do so, but it is the RIGHT THING TO DO.

Many people have their password repository & MFA installed on their phone, if you happen to be like most people and not know the one time emergency password to your vault, wiping your phone will literally cause a massive problem where you bevome locked out of literally every account that you own.

It is a massive problem, and your attitude to just wipe phones and start over to fix problems YOU created by not beta testing updates makes me question if its time to change brands, which for me is a big deal because I have only used Samsung devices since the Galaxy S2.

I write this post out of concen and love for the brand here in Australia, however something is clearly broken causing the whole support & order fulfilment side of the business to be super sub-par.

Samsung really needs to up its game by orders of magnitude, that is how far away it is from where it needs to be.
13 Comments
sonnyg
Beginner Level 2
Members Star's Corner
Totally agree
uchetia
Active Level 6
Members Star's Corner
Yeah it was sad to see people losing their entire 2022 pictures memories
Widow-Hunter
Active Level 7
Members Star's Corner
Wow i have heard - not sure if my S22 is on the hit list
0 Likes
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Members Star's Corner
I am on S22 series and all software updates are up-to-date. I don't see any issues with my phone. This problem might exists for other models. Is there any comments from Samsung which particular updates and model are affected?????
zwi
Active Level 1
Members Star's Corner
S20 Plus 5g greenline on screen few days after an update😭
0 Likes
Mariee77
Active Level 1
Members Star's Corner
I did the last up date Samsung a32 it need a hard reset wipe my phone have other up date unsure if I should now
0 Likes
KiaraTyler
Beginner Level 2
Members Star's Corner
Absolutely
Frank55
Active Level 7
Members Star's Corner
I'm lucky I haven't had the issue. It may just affect the s22 line
0 Likes
gonefishing
Beginner Level 2