Original topic:

Android 14 and Samsung

(Topic created on: 11-05-2023 10:08 PM)
untam3d3vil
Active Level 3
Options
Others
While Samsung offers beta program and keeps releasing beta updates across other geo locations, disappointing to see Canada being left behind in Samsung offering it to its customers base here. It seems Asian and other regions are far more important as compared to North Amerian region. And even though Beta programs are offered, even the stable versions gets released and seems North American region is the last or least preferred market to do so. I would be highly interested in understanding the company's thought process and why Samsung treats us like this. 

Why isn't there a tineline or an official tracker to know when can customers expect the latest update?
13 Comments
untam3d3vil
Active Level 3
Others
I am disappointed and unhappy with Samsung
Sn00py123
Active Level 3
Others
We aren't missing out on anything. I know it does *** we are last but seriously, no major improvements happened from what people who have it say.
When you get it, you better not make any complaint posts 😎
untam3d3vil
Active Level 3
Others
I better won't for sure, it was mainly to highlight the fact that Samsung should have regions across getting the update at the same time. I was venting out and now I'm cool 😎
Sn00py123
Active Level 3
Others
I agree, this always being last *** kinda makes me want to try Iphone. We will see. Currently using a S21 FE so I'll probably get this update in 2024 😒
0 Likes
untam3d3vil
Active Level 3
Others
Yeah, that's even a longer wait, I think Apple is better in the regard, Apple seems and I think is consistent in this department.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

You should be happy that you didn't receive the Stable version of One UI V6.0, as some issues were discovered since it was officially released. 

The US hasn't received the One UI V6.0 Stable release either. 

A4109
Active Level 4
Others
I think we're not really missing out here. Some issues were discovered with it so I'm sure before it get to us it will be resolved. Mind you it's not about getting it first but getting it right.
Samske
Active Level 1
Others
Im all for a stable version, but I always like playing with Beta versions it would be nice if we were included in this part of the rollout. Also if we were given a timeline that would quench the anxiety for the tech savvy
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Anyone who really wants to try the Betas, can always Flash the CORRECT version of the US Beta Firmware on their Canadian devices. 

You need to know what you are doing, but it's not that complicated. 

Is it worth it, sure if you are prepared to accept that some things may not work, or work as expected. 

Even with the initial release of the Stable version, the brakes were put on the release, as some significant issues were discovered, in spite of the Beta programme. 

But the most annoying thing, is the; "Canada is always the last, Samsung doesn't care about Canada, why are we neglected, etc etc". NONE of that is true!