Original topic:

Bixby issues

(Topic created on: 02-08-2024 01:53 PM)
pirattemobille
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Who uses bixby, i do, i can give it voice command 's but if for example i have i timer running i ask Bixby to stop or cancel the tier, it keeps asking how much time do you want on the timer. 🤦 Uhg, for some reason Bixby dosent understand the command,
Samsung needs to work on it to improve better understanding of the required command's. I have also noticed the same thing with google voice assistant. I don't know why the computers running these systems don't understand.
0 Likes
9 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, I request you to please reset the Bixby once by following the below steps once and check again.

Navigate to Apps.
Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Apps.

View system apps.
Tap the Sort icon, and then tap the switch next to Show system apps. Tap OK.

Clear the data for Bixby system apps.
Tap Bixby Voice, and then tap Storage. Tap Clear data, and then tap OK. Repeat this process for Bixby Routines, Bixby dictation, and Bixby Vision.

Once you have cleared the data, Bixby will be reset and will return to normal operation. If you still have issues with Bixby, perform a factory data reset.

Set up Bixby.
Now that Bixby has been reset, if you'd like to continue using Bixby you will need to set it up.

0 Likes
Others
O.k, i think i found the problem, it's set for french language from France, v.s Canadian french, difference in how the language is expressed, same as u.k English vs u.s English.
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, we are glad to see that your issue is resolved.

Kindly contact us back if you need any further assistance in the future.

0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
It's good to know that. it's could the reason why the Bixby can only recognize my voice about 60% although Google Assistant can recognize my voice about 98% due to I might set up different English.
0 Likes
Others
Companies like Samsung & google who are supposed giants in the industry should be aware that languages can vary from one place to a other, if they could allow for suttle variations of it, it would improve their a.i
Even more, all voice assistant's need to be able to recognize the variations in a language. You would think they would know that by now & done something about it to make it part of the program. It's not like they just started on the market.
Al-001
Active Level 7
Others
Therefore, I like to use Google Voice and Amzon Alexa on my watch and phones since those are better voice assistants.
Others
For some reason Samsung has not set up Canadian french, google has, but they also need to work on it certain words are missing in it & it's not as if you can just open the program & add them to it. Personal dictionary dosent share the information with the voice assistant, 🤔 it should.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, We’ll ensure you that it will be considered as feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the feature that you are expecting might be added in future.

lisaa1234
Active Level 6
Others
I don't use Bixby sorry
0 Likes