Original topic:

Device Care update: What's new?

(Topic created on: 02-10-2020 11:00 AM)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
1. Most obvious change: Qihoo 360 security got removed from storage, you can longer clear your storage, it doesn't clear the storage after you tap "optimize" either.

2. "Fast charging & Fast wireless charging" got moved into their own menu called " Charging":

3. "Sleeping apps" menu now says if the app was added by the user, or automatically by the software itself:

4. Better one handed usability, before you couldn't "swipe down" to get the large headers in some parts of the app, but now you can! For example:

That's pretty much it, let me know if you guys notice anything else!

As a side note: Apparently the S20 will have "Battery health" in Device Care... Hopefully they'll bring it to older devices as well!

And Samsung can we PLEASE get a battery limiter? For example: Samsung's tablets have an option to limit the charge at 80%, this would be so useful on your phones as well.
2 Comments
JacquesAndre
Beginner Level 4
Others
needed a little more advice about this device I am confused concerning any application on my phone such as pressing the ...on the upper right side it reveals " MORE OPTIONS " yet it's like trying to meet Celine Dion to come over for tea . I was just following instructions on how to make my own phone work more efficiently but to no avail.
can you please explain why it's not functioning properly or refer me to right community help.
that said I am happy for the post it gives some hope that I ain't waisting my time thank you very much have a great day
0 Likes
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Others
Ive noticed some of those changes too...I wonder if what optimising storage did to begin with...youd think cached files would be removed under the optimise memory option...but that would probably depend on the amount of RAM one would have on their phone, no?
0 Likes