Original topic:

✨ Feedback on Galaxy S24 series + Galaxy AI

(Topic created on: 03-21-2024 02:16 PM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Edit: This thread is now closed. Thank you for providing constructive feedback!

___

Hi Samsung Members 👋! 

Galaxy-S24-Series_main1 (1).jpg

Do you currently own a Galaxy S24 series device and have feedback or an idea to improve the Galaxy S24 and Galaxy AI experience? If so, write it down in the comments ✍️!

To help us better analyze your feedback, kindly use the following format:

• Start with ‘+’ if you like something and you think it should continue.
  • Start with ‘-‘ if you are unsatisfied with something.
  • Start with a ‘!’ to suggest improvements or new features.

For example:

I love the Circle to Search feature! I am able to use it in any app and it is quite accurate.

+ I love the anti-reflective properties of the display glass. I think future Galaxy devices should have this.

I wish that Live Translate works with more languages.

Thank you in advance and we're excited to hear from you!

___

Bonjour, membres Samsung 👋

Possédez-vous actuellement un appareil de la gamme Galaxy S24 et avez-vous un commentaire ou une idée pour améliorer l’expérience Galaxy S24 et Galaxy AI? Si oui, notez-le dans les commentaires ✍️!

Pour nous aider à mieux analyser vos commentaires, veuillez utiliser le format suivant :

• Commencez par « + » si vous aimez quelque chose et que vous pensez que ça devrait continuer.
  • Commencez par « - » si vous n’êtes pas satisfait de quelque chose.
  • Commencez par un « ! » pour suggérer des améliorations ou de nouvelles fonctionnalités.

Par exemple :

J’adore la fonction Encercler pour rechercher! Je peux l’utiliser dans n’importe quelle application et elle est assez précise.

+ J’adore les propriétés antireflet du verre d’affichage. Je pense que les futurs appareils Galaxy devraient avoir cela.

J’aimerais que la traduction en direct fonctionne avec plus de langues.

Nous vous remercions à l’avance et nous sommes ravis d’avoir de vos nouvelles!

194 Comments
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Others
- I wish that AOD worked as it did prior to OneUI 6.1. That is to say, I've used my Always On Display as a nightime clock among other things (set to Always on) for a few years now, but since OneUI 6.1, it seems that nothing on the AOD screen moves around anymore, so in order not to experience a burn-in issue, I cannot easily use AOD the same way that I have for years ...very disappointing!
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Dolfinns, we kindly recommend you update your device's software as it may bring improved burn-in protection features, as a response to previous users' concerns regarding burn-in protection in the early iteration of One UI 6. AOD movements may slightly be more difficult to notice, but if you encounter a case where the AOD is not moving at all, please let us know. We will take note of your suggestion and monitor if similar cases are still being reported. Thank you for your comment.

0 Likes
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Others
Hi Samsung_Ben, I have the S24+ with the latest software installed. I am unable to notice any movement whatsoever on the AOD ...and I have monitored as much as I possibly can.
0 Likes
Others
+ I love everything on the S24 Ultra. Please don't remove any features from the software or hardware, except to make improvements on them.
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi OfficialPrincess, thank you for your comment and we hope to see existing features to be improved in the future.

Others
! Please upgrade the camera hardware bring all of the sensors up to date and add an up-to-date 10x sensor as a fifth lens. Please bring the IR BLASTER back. Please add DOLBY VISION. Please add a LIDAR SCANNER and everything that comes with that like temperature measurement, sound decimal measurement, etc. Add a LARGER BATTERY and FASTER WIRED and WIRELESS CHARGING. Please add MAG SAFE 2. Please improve the internal read and write speeds and USB transfer speeds. Please add SPEN SOCIAL MEDIA CAMERA SUPPORT the same as the main camera eg, IG, FB, TikTok ETC. Please add SUPPORT FOR ELEMENTS LIKE STICKERS in regards to DIGITAL PLANNING in Samsung Notes and make the app optimized for a better experience for DIGITAL PLANNING. Please add a LIVE VOICEMAIL that we can read with the option to pick up and answer as they are leaving a voicemail. Improve the sound coming from the speakers so they are richer, fuller, and louder with more base. When dictating a text message the option to say send or post should be available to keep the experience completely hands-free. There should be more details, depth, and contrast without over-sharpening, blowing out highlights, or over-darkening with better dynamic range and no noise and smoother exposure adjustments in all lighting situations from all camera lenses front and back in both stills and video recordings all this in auto so it looks like a real DSLR camera. When zooming manually and with the set buttons it should be smooth and seamless but right now it's extremely choppy and jittery. LOG MODE and CINEMATIC MODE would be amazing. The base storage should be 512. Please add the ability to record HDR videos that can still use the INSTANT SLOW MOTION instead of either or. Please add 24 MP to the MAIN CAMERA from the pro/expert raw AS WELL AS 4K 120. Please use the text/font zoom algorithm for the entire zoom algorithm because it's also amazing with everything else not just text. Darker skin tones for people of color need to be more accurate with our different skin complexions. Vibrant colors like RED, YELLOW, and ORANGE need improvement in all lighting conditions. Please add the ability to edit/adjust PORTRAIT VIDEO the same way we can for portrait photos after the video is completed. Both the front-facing flash and rear-facing flash are very weak, especially the rear-facing flash. Please Allow the flash with the wide-angle rear-facing camera. Please remove a max character length to use spelling and grammar for the SAMSUNG TEXT AI.
! Please also allow the screen to remain brighter in direct sunlight because, within 3 minutes or less, it drops down way too low in direct sunlight after reaching peak brightness. Even though it gets brighter than most other phones it drops lower than everyone after only a few minutes
! 5X NIGHT MODE and 2X FLASH PORTRAIT MODE has a bug
! EXPERT RAW does not allow you to use the WIDE-ANGLE CAMERA please allow us to use all of the cameras in expert raw also please INCORPORATE EXPERT RAW INTO THE NATIVE CAMERA SOFTWARE like the other camera modes
! Please ADD A HIGHER COLOR SPECTRUM to eliminate banding and have colors blend smoothly while viewing pictures and videos and all content. Gradients should be smooth and seamless
! Please add BRING TOGETHER NAME DROP like on 🍎
! PUT EVERYTHING BACK IN THE BOX pre-apply a screen protector, throw in a cheap clear case, throw in a 45-watt charger, and throw in a lanyard. It's fine to copy other companies for the good features and things that they do which bring value to your customers but don't follow the not-so-great things that they do that bring a disservice to your customers
! Please add ADJUSTABLE APERTURE camera lenses
! Please add a wider field of view on the ULTRA WIDE CAMERA
! Please allow us to use all the cameras in 8K
! Allow all cameras in HYPERLAPSE

- Please remove the software ambient mode for viewing HDR content on YouTube or provide the option to turn it off because it ruins the viewing experience
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi OfficialPrincess, we appreciate your time and effort for the list of suggestions and detailed explanations; they are very helpful. We will take note of your comment and communicate them to the relevant team accordingly. We kindly suggest you to submit your thoughts regarding YouTube's ambient mode in the 'Help & feedback' section of the YouTube mobile app.

Others
YouTube has an ambient mode that can be turned on and off but it doesn't dim or brighten the video according to lighting conditions. Their ambient mode adjusts colors around the video and thumbnail of the video. Samsung has applied an ambient mode only to HDR videos on YouTube that cannot be turned off and the ambient mode built into the software from Samsung controls and adjusts the brightness of the video according to the lighting conditions of the eternal lighting conditions. There is a thread about it on here with a video demonstrating it in action

! Please also allow the screen to remain brighter in direct sunlight because, within 3 minutes or less, it drops down way too low in direct sunlight after reaching peak brightness. Even though it gets brighter than most other phones it drops lower than everyone after only a few minutes
! 5X NIGHT MODE and 2X FLASH PORTRAIT MODE has a bug
! EXPERT RAW does not allow you to use the WIDE-ANGLE CAMERA please allow us to use all of the cameras in expert raw also please INCORPORATE EXPERT RAW INTO THE NATIVE CAMERA SOFTWARE like the other camera modes
! Please ADD A HIGHER COLOR SPECTRUM to eliminate banding and have colors blend smoothly while viewing pictures and videos and all content. Gradients should be smooth and seamless
0 Likes
WeedManU
Active Level 3
Others
Nice auto text you you probably have to use it alot
0 Likes