Original topic:

fraud / galaxy app store

(Topic created on: 08-14-2019 09:27 PM)
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Options
Others

I detected a vendor, or **bleep** vendor, that is selling apps as his own creation but were cloned. 

Other than support, who should I notify?

Test

Fraudulent

14 Comments
Others
Screen shot?
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others

here's one example.

name of the original package/app:  com.alphabetlabs.deviceinfo

name of the cloned package/app: com.nexnil.hardwareinfo

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/68ece5b044bac23c1a431a81865ec0776743490ed3a30284853f632ac9548518...

There's like a few dozen apps like this one, all cloned.   

298bb4e5-f456-484a-b14a-c679b164af68.jpg9133a916-1078-4f1d-86ec-bf4abd3ef19e.jpg

0 Likes
Steve01
Active Level 5
Others
Thanks for the heads up. I will update the Galaxy Store team to get this addressed.
Platium
Active Level 3
Others
Samsung needs to have a better system in place for verifying apps.
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
google and apple too.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
rogue
rouge
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
any updates?

the fraudster is listing new apps with the most ludicrous names.

shame on samsung.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others

this one was removed.

name of the cloned package/app: com.nexnil.hardwareinfo

what about the rest?

I find it troubling the fact that samsung is not taking action to remove apps that are clearly fraudelent. The following is their reply:

---------------------------------
Thank you for your email.
We need more specific information to take action.
Please fill out following form and send us.
When you find copyright infringing application OR open source license violation on Samsung Galaxy Store, please fill out the form below and send to appcopyright@samsung.com
If copyright infringement report is submitted to appcopyright@samsung.com, app review team takes down the reported application from Samsung Galaxy Store and request reported seller to vindicate on his/her own.

■ Your contact information
- Name / Company
- Country

■ Application information that alleged copyright infringement
- App Name / App ID
- Developer Name

■ Original contents protected by copyright holder’s declaration or by law
- Serial numbers given by Copyright office, License, statement or other kinds of evidential matter that can be authorized to act for the copyright holder (You can attach the additional materials to the e-mail)
- Detailed explanation about infringement

■ Signature – Please write the report date and your full name in the items below.
- Signature :
- Date signed :

Report of open source license violation needs to contain more 3 provisions below.

■ Related license category (e.g. GPL V2.0, GPL V3.0)
■ Related component information (e.g. JSP Standard Tag Library)
■ Detailed explanation about license violation

If a complainant submits a report to our copyright management account, it is considered to have agreed with the items below.

1. I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. And I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

2. All of submitted report can be delivered to the other party concerned.

Meanwhile, reported seller who has got permission of publishing or the rightful owner of the reported application can submit ‘copyright-counter notification’. Please send proofs to appcopyright@samsung.com by 3 business days.

If complainant accept a reported copyright-counter notification OR takes no legal action against this by 10 business days, the reported application will be distributed again on Galaxy Store.

If there is no agreement between the two parties, please proceed with the legal process. If you share the decision with us, it will be reflected in the store.  
Sincerely,
@Samsung Galaxy Store App Review Team
--------------------------------------------------------------

w.t.f  is this?
They expect me to do their work?
The documentation they expect me to produce is completely useless and rubbish.
It only proves to me that Samsung is either clueless and inept or just plain lazy.

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others
bump
0 Likes