Original topic:

Google Webview Issue (Apps forcibly closing after update)

(Topic created on: 03-24-2021 11:33 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

If you are having issue with the apps forcibly closing on your device, please follow the steps to resolve the issue.

We advise you to update the WebView and Chrome to the latest version (89.0.4389.105) and restart device.

To do this, launch the Settings app, tap Apps > Select Android System WebView > App details in store > Update.

Repeat the same steps to update Chrome (Settings > Apps > Select Chrome > App details in store > Update). Then restart your device.

(If Update menu is not shown, tap to uninstall then update to install the latest version)

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/newsalert/121941/

Si vous éprouvez des problèmes avec certaines applications sur un téléphone intelligent, nous vous conseillons d’installer la version la plus récente de WebView et de Chrome (89.0.4389.105) et de redémarrer l’appareil.

Pour ce faire, lancez l’application Paramètres, appuyez sur Applications > Sélectionnez Android System WebView > Détails appli. ds boutique > Mettre à jour.

Répétez les mêmes étapes pour mettre à jour Chrome (Paramètres > Applications > Sélectionnez Chrome > Détails appli. ds boutique > Mettre à jour). Ensuite, redémarrez l’appareil.

(※ Si le menu Mettre à jour n’est pas affiché, appuyez sur le bouton « Activer » pour activer la mise à jour de l’application)

https://www.samsung.com/ca_fr/support/newsalert/121983/

12 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Only 1 step left 🤷
Please make this stay at the top 🤙👍

You just made my day 😁
And many others I'm sure 🤪
And in French too!
I loooooove it! 🤗
Not to take away from anyone else who has already posted solutions as well!
Thanks✌️
Put this at the top and I'll delete this post...
Or you can 👍
Save me a step
Thanks again
@Samsung_Ben
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Certains d'entre vous rencontrent actuellement un problème avec leurs applications qui se ferment automatiquement.

Ce dysfonctionnement peut survenir sur certains appareils Samsung Galaxy et est dû à un problème avec Google Webview. Ce dernier a été résolu avec les dernières mises à jour des applications Android System Webview et Google Chrome, version 89.0.4389.105.

Pour résoudre ce dysfonctionnement, procédez ainsi :

Mise à jour via Play Store
1. Allez dans le Menu principal.
2. Ouvrez Play Store.
3. Recherchez les applications Chrome et Android System WebView et mettez-les à jour.

Remarque : Si vous ne voyez l’option de mise à jour mise à jour directement sur Play Store, recherchez l’application, ouvrez-là et appuyez sur Plus d’options (les trois points verticaux en haut à droite de l’écran) puis activer Mise à jour auto.

Mise à jour de Google Chrome
1. Ouvrez les Paramètres.
2. Appuyez sur Applications.
3. Puis sur Chrome.
4. Sélectionnez Détails de l'application en boutique.
5. Enfin, appuyez sur Mettre à jour.

Mise à jour d’Android System WebView
3. Puis sur Android System Webview
4. Sélectionnez Détails de l'application en boutique.
5. Enfin, appuyez sur Mettre à jour.

Une fois ces étapes terminées, veuillez redémarrer votre appareil.

Sur les plus anciens smartphones, il est probable que vous n’arriviez pas à mettre à jour Android System Webview et que l'application soit désactivée. Vous devez donc suivre les étapes suivantes :

3. Puis sur Chrome.
4. Désactivez Chrome.
5. Ouvrez à nouveau Play Store et recherchez Android System WebView. Vous devriez maintenant pouvoir la mettre à jour.
6. Une fois la mise à jour effectuée, ouvrez les Paramètres.
7. Sélectionnez Applications.
8. Recherchez Chrome.
9. Activez à nouveau Chrome.
10. Ouvrez une nouvelle fois Play Store.
11. Recherchez Chrome puis appuyez sur Mettre à jour (si l’option de mise à jour n’apparaît pas, cela signifie que la dernière version est déjà installée).
12. Pour finir, redémarrez votre smartphone.

Désinstaller Android System WebView Beta

Si vous possédez la version Beta d’Android System WebView, désinstallez-la avant d’effectuer la mise à jour. Pour cela, procédez ainsi :
3. Puis sur Android System Webview Beta.
4. Appuyez sur Plus d’options (les trois points verticaux en haut à droite de l’écran).
5. Enfin, confirmez en appuyant sur Désinstaller les mises à jour.

0 Likes
livelysue
Active Level 1
Others
I wish when I was getting help two days ago I was told about this as I would not have had to factory reset my phone as no apps would work. This now has caused issues with Strava working on my Gear Fit 2 as I had to repair it with the phone which required a reset on it as well and apparently there is an issue with Strava pairing and I can't get it to pair. I tried the Strava update and I got (net.sweatworks.strava:2290:9908:24f0f9cf9046) for as an error message. I am frustrated right now as I use my watch to track my workouts and they will not sync from Samsung Health to Strava unless there is GPS data so a lifting workout will not sync with Strava. I am more and more thinking of switching phone brands and I have been a Samsung user since the S3 came out.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@livelysue

this was a major Android problem for all the Planet..Sorry if WE don't get adviced

livelysue
Active Level 1
Others
I was on with support and had they advised me of this option I would have tried it before resetting my phone.
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Others
You don't buy a Samsung phone because of the awesome support...
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Others
@livelysue Same thing with me I feel for ya. I didn't do the factory reset, opted for a full system reset but still a nightmare. And then not 20 minutes after, I read about it in my news feed. Nice. I should have not acted so quickly on that but easier said than done when I'm freaking out that my phone is going to self destruct at any moment and I'm fighting to do a backup before it does. Honestly Google is so plugged into everything we do and so far up our butts that you think they'd have a way of sending out an alert to all users to keep us in the loop and not have to go through this completely ridiculous ordeal. And my phone still isn't working as well as it was before. Good luck to you.
Bford
Active Level 1
Others
Since the fix all my Bluetooth connections no longer work and when trying to repair the. each one has the message "App required". How does this get fixed?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@Bford

you need to reset network

Go in Settings/Global Management/Reset/Reset Networks

Be sure you wrote the Network's name and password on a paper...