Original topic:

🆕 Hot Topic - December 15

(Topic created on: 12-15-2023 09:34 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members!

It is only half a month away from 2024. How are you feeling about the new year? Excited, hopeful, or perhaps a bit sad that time passes so quickly?

As for me, I can’t wait for the technological advancements that will come in 2024, particularly in the field of AI. AI has been a hot topic in the tech world this year, and we have seen how it continuously improves our daily lives. Imagine how far AI will take us in 2024!

Of course, we would love to hear and listen to your thoughts, opinions, and feedback. What kind of AI do you expect from Samsung next year? How can AI enhance your Galaxy devices and other Samsung products that you own? How can AI be implemented to improve your user experience? Write down in the comments!

Without further ado, let’s jump into some highlights!

Save up to $200 on select Galaxy smartphones, only until December 20. Don’t miss this chance!

If you are using a Galaxy device equipped with S-Pen and Air Command is not working, check out maui2023’s thread to see how to solve it.

Also, check out Ottawalker’s sunset and samsung692’s sunrise shots!

Cheers!
Winston @ Samsung Members Team Canada

17 Comments
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Others
New years always brings new price increases. Everyone's in your pocket.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Others
Except there are NO price increases by Samsung this coming 2024 year. Any seen is due to your governments taxation policies.
0 Likes
RyZn1
Active Level 2
Others
Feels like 2020 was yesterday 🙉
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Now with 249 likes, the most of any topic on all of Samsung Members Canada, all Samsung needs to do is enable DeX on the Fold's inner display: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z/dex-on-fold-s-inner-display/td-p/13827668

No AI nonsense is necessary.
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi nickthaskater, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We communicated your feedback to the appropriate team and the team took note of it. While you might not be able to see the change soon, we hope that the feature will be made available in the future. 

If you have any feedback or opinions on how Galaxy devices can be improved, feel free to create a new thread so everyone can contribute to the discussion!

nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Thank you. I hope that's the case! I have since bought a small 10.1" Windows laptop to use instead of my Fold 5, but I'd be happy to go back to a DeX-based workflow if/when Samsung allows DeX directly on the Fold's display. Thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
mavenboard
Active Level 2
Others
give s23 fe snapdragon one ui 6 pls
0 Likes
pierropro
Beginner Level 2
Others
Yuu
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Others

Opinion:
As Samsung  is heavy into AI and on device Ai using LLM's I feel the top choice of SoC's and RAM should be used throughout the lineup.

Samsung's been reported as selling 47% of the entire global S li e sales coming from the S24 - then why cripple it with only 8GB of RAM that the S23 has, while the rest of the entire lineup gets 12GB?

LLM's require a LOT of RAM so how exactly will the S24 perform with the same OneUI 6 and Amdroid 14 with Samsung Dex and many other features along with AI when RAM is crippled!?