Original topic:

🎁 Hot Topic - January 26, 2024

(Topic created on: 01-26-2024 12:50 PM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members!

We've noticed that some Members are excitedly sharing their brand-new Galaxy S24 series smartphones, like Ben_85 and Deeezzyyy. A big congratulations and we can't wait to see/hear more of the good things about your Galaxy S24 series smartphone πŸŽ‰!

⌚If you're still waiting for your phone to arrive, no worries, we've got you covered. You can easily track the progress of your order by visiting our website and using your Samsung account or order number. For more details on how to track your order, click here.

However, if you pre-ordered your Galaxy S24 from another website or store, we recommend using their tracking services or contacting them directly if you have any questions about your order. 

While you're eagerly waiting for your new phone to arrive, make sure to keep an eye out for any messages, emails, voicemails, or other alerts from the courier 🚨🚚. And if you have any questions about the delivery progress, feel free to reach out to the courier first before contacting Samsung's online shopping team. 

✍️We are also eager to hear your valuable thoughts and suggestions on how Samsung Wallet in Canada can be improved. We invite you to share your thoughts and suggestions with us in the comments section of the Samsung Wallet feedback megathread!

πŸ€” Did you know that you can add a text (like your name, contact info, or maybe an inspirational quote) to your lock screen? This can help someone return your lost device to you, or even keep you inspired every time you view the lock screen! With so many use cases, check out Echo1's thread on how to put text on your device's lock screen.

Cheers!

Winston @ Samsung Members Team Canada

25 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

How about, Samsung's Moderators stop posting link that have nothing to do with the questions asked. 

Then when they are called out, not only do they either edit their own post, but they then delete the post that called them out.. or both. 

This new found "solution", is failing miserably almost all of the time.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/live-translate-on-s24-ultra/td-p/25307290?src=ShareByUs...

Link posted by the Moderator has nothing to do with Live Translate. 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/gallery-pics-randomly-going-missing-s23-ultra/td-p/2530...

Posted link does nothing to answer the question. It's a general Samsung Support link. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/

If Samsung's Moderators don't know the answer, better to wait for someone else to provide actual help.. 

Please Note that this is respectful, albeit frustrated criticism. 

I could post several other links to similar occurrences, but you get the point. 

To reiterate, posting Links that have nothing to do with the questions.. are not helpful! 

Case in point.. Both the Moderators original post & my post were deleted from here:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/live-translate-on-s24-ultra/m-p/25314026#M132937

Screenshot_20240127_034430.jpg

 

Screenshot_20240127_034436.jpg

 

Screenshot_20240127_034442.jpg

 

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Others
A well versed, and properly needed positive criticism of thr Samsung Members moderator practices - some but not all.

RDR thank you. Posst like this HELP all members in the community, including moderators, being more knowledgeable (linking to correct solutions in future post replies), and helpful by and large.
snackwell
Active Level 4
Others
U1 series software on SamFW for those who want to reset/upgrade the W series S24 Ultra
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

No idea why anyone would want to Flash the US Firmware on the just released S24 series? 

snackwell
Active Level 4
Others
Some people like having carrier services without the bloatware (since U1 and U for that matter, do not have Canadian carrier info, no bloatware) and also to get updates consistently.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Bloatware is minimal compared to some previous years, and if anyone is bothered even seeing, just disable it with adb or a package disabler. 

Having useful features like WiFi Calling, VoLTE, RCS.. without having to manually Flash US Firmware sounds more sensible, practical & the always "I couldn't be bothered factor".

Flashing for the US Betas.. sure. why not. 

snackwell
Active Level 4
Others
I still have those features and get regular updates. The sky is green.
0 Likes
RGTC
Active Level 1
Others
In samsung device I cannot family my information press that backwards chilling20240126_150928_1000001869_1706299768.jpg
0 Likes
OGenius
Active Level 5
Others
I also did it... Can't wait to start playing with it very soon. Just waiting for my case to arrive πŸ˜‰20240128_222819_1000039343_1706498900.jpg