Original topic:

Misleading promo

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 06:01 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
So I've seen the banners and ads online... I know the pre-order promos are done for the Z fold 3...

BUT... today while calling customer service, I was actually listening to the automated voice advertisement...

It says that if you purchase a Samsung Z fold 3 or Z flip 3 between August 11th and SEPTEMBER 21ST 2021, you will get a bonus Samsung Care+ 1 year free.

I was finally able to order my phone on Aug 30th. It doesn't give you the option for the free Samsung Care+ 1 year online anymore but after hearing that message on the phone, I expect Samsung to give me my 1 year free!

What I'm asking of you guys here is if anyone can call the number for customer service with Samsung, dial 1 for english and listen to the message, please confirm this is true!

Thank you

16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Seems like, after every one of Samsung's promotions in recent years, there's a flood of extremely unhappy consumers.

Either they didn't receive the Samsung product in time to get the the promotion, or they weren't aware what they had to do, or look... OR Samsung's fine print about how many customers would be eligible was anything but obvious.... OR Samsung didn't have enough stock of whatever was the free promotion, usually earbuds.

The whole process is nonsense. If you purchased a Samsung product, that included a promotional item, the item should be automatically attached to your purchase on the day you purchased the product.

None of this having to hunt around for the Web page, or navigating to the "benefits" tab on the Samsung members app.

You made the purchase already! Samsung shouldn't make it into a treasure hunt.

I read another post, where if the Samsung Moderator's information was correct, you can't even purchase an additional year of Samsung "care". If you want 2 years, you have to decline the one year free & pay for the 2 years yourself...

Seems like lots of smoke & mirrors, bait & switch or what? 

Is Samsung Canada operating like a shady used car business now?

Samsung's promotions deserve the Darwin Award in the promotions category.. 

Anjoel
Beginner Level 2
Others
Yep, I tried to pay for an additional year on top of the 1 year free. They told me I had to basically forfeit the 1 year free and just pay for 2 years lol.
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Others
I got my Galaxy Z Fold 3 last Sunday and I got both offers on my Benefits page on this app, are you sure you registered your device correctly?Screenshot_20210901-214655_Samsung Members_4204.jpgScreenshot_20210901-214735_Samsung Members_4206.jpg
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Aaahhh it comes as a benefit and you have to register! Thanks for the info. The customer representative did not mention that lol. I haven't received my device yet. Hopefully it comes before Sept 30th then
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Others
Yeah once you sign-in to your Samsung account on the device it should automatically register it to your profile
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Hey bud, just wanted to do, did you order your phone in stores or online through samsung canada?
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Others
@Deeezzyyy I ordered the Z Flip 3 online through Samsung.ca and the Z Fold 3 at my local Samsung Experience store
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Ooohhh. So this voucher you only got for the Fold 3 that you ordered in store right? Or did you get an e-voucher for the flip as well?
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Others
If you pre-ordered online you should've received a credit bonus to add to your order, you won't get the free Buds 2, S Pen and Wireless Charger e-voucher because that would be double dipping, however if you register your device correctly with proof of purchase, you should also get the e-voucher for the free one year Samsung Care +
0 Likes