Original topic:

@Moderator PLEASE Pin How to Enable Data

(Topic created on: 10-02-2018 01:04 PM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
It's really very apparent, that the vast majority of people who are looking for how to enable the Data Toggle, Don't bother to Search - I've attached a screenshot showing just some of the results that you get if you Search for Mobile Data (IT'S GOING to be PRETTY HARD to READ) But it should give Samsung Members Mods an idea of just how frequently this question is posted! The screenshot is just a PARTIAL list!

INSTRUCTIONS:

Install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. 

Install Platform-Tools on your computer. 

Click on Build number 7 times in About Phone - Software Information - to Enable Developer Options - In Developer Options Enable USB Debugging. 

On your computer open Platform-Tools - Shift Right Click to Open Power Shell. 

Connect your Device to your computer - You will HAVE to Click ALLOW access to your phone in the popup that appears on your phone when you Type:

.\adb devices 

on your computer - When you see that your device is recognised by your computer:

Open Power Shell & Type:

.\adb shell Enter.

Type this command line:

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),MobileData,Hotspot"

Reboot

Done 🐧

Edit: I deleted the screen shot (still have it if needed). 

🐧

6 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Dude that screenshot is like reading without glasses lol

I agree that the info should be pinned. It's posted like every week if not more often
Others
@CHMultimedia - Yeah I know - I did mention that it would be difficult to read - But the point is that the request/howto/where is it - for the Data Toggle is pretty much a daily post... The reason that the screenshot is blurry is because it's so freaking long lol..
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
"difficult to read"... smh

It's insanely unreadable. lol

But I get the jest of what you are saying. The topic is literally like a broken record. Wish people just use their heads and search before posting. One would think that would be common sense?
Samesung
Active Level 10
Others
Welcome to the entitled generation. Why do the work when you can pester others into it? Even if there is a really handy search option available lol
carr0498
Active Level 10
Others
gonna update my script to PowerShell soon, hopefully there'll be a pinned post by then
0 Likes
camace12
Beginner Level 2
Others
😘😘😘
0 Likes