Original topic:

Samsung's Moderators Need to be Informed re: eSIM

(Topic created on: 08-15-2022 09:22 AM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

"

" Hi, the ESIM feature will be enabled via a software update.
There are some additional models that will be added to the list as made available.
S21 and Note20 (Bell, Rogers, Telus and Wind/Shaw) are the first mobile devices that will support ESIM and will be able to be used after software update.
Date of update will be 17th Nov for S21 and 22nd Dec for Note20.
All ESIM functions are activated by QR code scanning.
S21 and Note20 will support ESIM.
This feature will be enabled via a software update.".

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/e-sim-support-issue-s21-fe-5g/td-p/18254461

This information is false!

It's not "will be", it's already done. 

The S21 had eSIM enabled in December 2021, and the Note 20 Ultra had eSIM enabled in January of this year.

I don't know where they are getting their information, but there is no excuse for this!

@Tallman, one of Samsung's Ambassadors posted confirmation that his Note 20 Ultra had eSIM enabled with the One UI V4.0 update in January of 2022.

Why don't Samsung's Moderators know this information?

Again, they are getting paid by Samsung??

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note/android-12-oneui-4-on-n20u-quickview/td-p/14904819

It's not the responsibility of Members to frequently correct their misinformation! 

10 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi RedDogRabbit, the software update for Esim is already released and the information was correct.

However, the moderator forgot to mention the year, which was 2021.

On these dates the updates were released.

We apologize for the clarification.

We can understand that your'e greatly inconvenienced by this.

We always appreciate your continuous effort towards our Samsung members community.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Thanks for the reply, but I am in no way "inconvenienced", and certainly no apologies are needed. 

Last time I checked, getting the year right, is actually part of the information. 

It is however, frustrating to see inaccurate information coming from Samsung's Moderators, and more than a few times. 

I get that anyone can make mistakes, and that's fine, but looking at Samsung Canada as a whole, from Pre-Order issues, Samsung's Customer Service & Support, even for what should be straightforward, such as cancelling an order because a promotion wasn't added on the initial order & then being told that they would lose out, "because the promotion was already used"? 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note/z-fold4-preorder-on-spc/td-p/18237874

This member deserves some help, and the obtuse responses from Samsung's Customer service, certainly are not a "good look", for anyone on Samsung Members, who is looking to purchase Samsung products. 

Just this past March, the top 5 "Most Liked Posts", were all complaints.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/when-these-are-the-most-quot-liked-quot-posts/td-p/160859...

Screenshot_20220815_102419.jpg

I'm just another member here on Samsung Members, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person who recognizes that there are some ongoing issues with Samsung Canada's operation. 

Others
All S21 series has esim enabled, except S21FE. Hooefully this device will get it soon.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yes I know, 

My point was the misinformation about the S21 series & Note 20 Ultra devices.

The information coming from a Samsung Moderator, should be accurate. 

The Moderator didn't even address the actual question, which was about the S21FE, not the S21 series, or the Note 20. 

Solution
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Others
Why aren't you a moderator?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

a) No one asked me. 

b) More importantly, then I wouldn't have the freedom to post some of the things I do. Am I annoying sometimes, probably, but if I am, it's out of frustration, NEVER with any malicious intent. 

Am wrong sometimes, absolutely I am sure that I've made some mistakes, and if I'm made aware of it, I'll happily apologise.

c) My only objectives are to be an advocate for others, keep Samsung accountable, try to help others resolve any issues, and have fun, all while hopefully making a positive contribution here. 🕊

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Others
All I know you're one of the first members to comment on anyone's posts with the right answers and solutions compared to some of the moderators in this community. Keep up the great work and hope one day Samsung members appreciate what you do.
mpearson7
Beginner Level 2
Others

Why can't Samsung provide a straight answer as to if they will ever support esim on S21 FE?

Solution
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
I've been using my Note 20 ultra dual sim (one e sim for personal and a nano sim for work) and love it, been using it for awhile