Original topic:

Should I Switch?

(Topic created on: 05-14-2023 05:48 PM)
_umar_
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Lately Samsung has been **bleep** me off. I have a Note 20U but I'm considering whether I should switch to apple or get a S23U. My biggest problem with Samsung is the phones not being fully supported on apps such as Snapchat and TikTok The camara on my Note 20U is spectacular but what's the point of having to upload a video instead of taking it directly on a third party. For context, recording on Snapchat looks horrible and my only option is to find a filter that lets me upload videos from my gallery. One other thing that is making me want to switch is from the fact that my $1500 phone only got 3 years of updates yet the $400 iPhone se will probably get more then 5 years of actual updates + security's updates after that. I have been enjoying my Samsung but I really don't know if I should switch or not. There's no reason to get mad at me, all I'm asking for is your honest opinion on this.
13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

I can't speak from personal experience, as I've never owned an iPhone. 

In my case, Samsung's hardware has always been exceptional, and I'm fortunate that I have never required any tech support, or needed any Customer Service, both of which seem to be lacking with Samsung Canada. 

I don't use either of the apps that you have concerns about, so I can't comment about them. 

I'm not crazy about some of the decisions made by Samsung, and I'm referring to the hardware changes that they have made over the last few years, and importantly, things that Samsung has previously ridiculed Apple products for not having.

Don't know if this will be of any help with your decision making, but good luck. 

_umar_
Active Level 3
Others
The main reason I'm thinking on switching is also from the fact that all of my friends and family use Apple products. Samsung makes amazing phones and I wish it could of worked for me.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Just because friends are using Apple, wouldn't ever be a reason for me to switch to Apple, but that's just me. 

The only reason I would switch, is if I thought it was better for ME!. 

Same reason I would never buy something for a promo, I'd only get it if it was what I WANTED. 

_umar_
Active Level 3
Others
I find iPhone to be a lot more comfortable for me. Personally, all of the Samsung flagships are way too big. I've broken way too many Samsungs from how big they are 😂
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Others
My cousin ( Yes his father is the broher of mine) he is working at Cupertino as VP software.

I could have the best Apple for free every year.

I like the environnent Android.

But what's happening with moderator, if it's not fix soon, i will reconsider my next purchase. One of the avantage : It will be free 😂 😂 😂
mpgrimes
Active Level 1
Others
Recording in snapchat has always sucked, no matter what Android phone, snapchat doesn't support a hardware interface with the camera, it's software based. It's been **bleep** on all my Android phones, including my s23u.. It's not Samsung...
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others

I don't think anybody could adise you

Totally your decission based on the **bleep** you have had to put up with Samsung terrible service

_umar_
Active Level 3
Others
Samsung has some of the best photo quality but I can't even use it to it's fullest.
0 Likes
electromanjim
Active Level 6
Others
What i have noticed being new to the samsung eco system is that there are definitely way more apps optimized for Apple products and way more frequent app updates from developers for Apple then there are for the same app on android. I did come from the apple world and I can truly say samsung products are far superior but samsung seems to be following Apple and cutting back on stuff that they were always making fun of Apple. My friend I would definitely stay samsung products there are things that are not in there control as such apps you have mentioned are better optimized for Apple

Good luck