Original topic:

Uninstall a update / get the previous version back ?

(Topic created on: 01-17-2024 09:32 AM)
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Hey, is there a way to uninstall a update for samsung on my phone or like is there a way to get a previous version of the gallery app back?

It was confirmed to me that they removed the video editor face editing option in this new update (the face edit options to smooth skin, edit jawline, ect. in a video). I want to get it back so i wanted to ask if any of you have any new app recommendations or if theres a way to uninstall the update or get the previous version of the gallery back
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Samsung's Gallery is a System App, and normally you'll see an option to "Uninstall Updates", but it doesn't appear to be an option in this instance. 

I personally use F-Stop Gallery, but it sounds like you might be looking for some additional features. Photoshop Express might be an option for you? 

0 Likes
puppetmagic
Active Level 3
Others
Where would you typically see the option to Uninstall updates?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Settings > Apps & select the app you want & there would be a 3 Dot Menu Top Right corner.

It's not there for Samsung's Gallery, but it is for the Play Store, which I included just to show you. 

If you were able to Uninstall Updates for it, then you would have to manually update your other apps, because the Gallery would WANT to automatically update, as soon as you reverted to a previous version, but it's academic as you can't. 

Screenshot_20240117_130817.jpg

Screenshot_20240117_130833.jpg

Screenshot_20240117_130850.jpg

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, we are sorry to inform you that such an option is not available. We’ll ensure you that it will be considered as feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the feature that you are expecting might be added in future update.

0 Likes
Hotyogini
Beginner Level 2
Others

There are zero options for editing videos now.  Only trim? No, light, straighten,  face or filters. This editor lite is useless. What was the reasoning? I'm the last in my family with an android. I'm starting to understand why.

0 Likes