Original topic:

Update made a53 super slow.

(Topic created on: 01-04-2024 04:43 PM)
Joshuac22
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Was just wondering if other people a53 slowed way down after the new update.
 I get a terrible glitches when filming and the phone itself has slight lag. Before the update I had no problems at all.

And ill mention Before the update i had the option to make a movie while in video editing on gallery. now I only have the option to edit or to make a movie not both I don't understand why they take options away instead of making them better. 
Making a movie is Basically, just adding more videos to your file Used to be able to Edit the videos you added to your file now you can't do it In movie.. why. 

This very inconvenient for the people that bought the phone. Let alone to people that Frequently used the Samsung editing software on their a53. 
As for the glitches i already restarted my phone a couple times and reset my camera though settings. it still glitches when filming and still has a leg

I'm looking for solutions to issues described above as I bought the phone brand new last year Don't really wanna switch phones this early. But I do need my camera and editing for work so I will if I have to.

4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, I request you to please follow the below steps once and check again.

Here is the path:
Power the device off.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.

Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device.

0 Likes
alexwent
Beginner Level 3
Others

This method doesn't work on this phone

0 Likes
alexwent
Beginner Level 3
Others

Correct. The last update has slowed down the camera to a snail's pace, and the phone as a whole is much slower now.  From past experience, I do not expect any solution from Samsung quickly. I can still get around EUR 130 from the retailer's buyback programme so I shall do that and get a different manufacturer's phone. Probably a Pixel, which I should have got in the first place. What a waste of time and money. 

0 Likes
yamass1
Beginner Level 3
Others

Same here. Terrible performance after upgrading to Android 14. I wait up to 8 seconds when pressing the home button until I see the home screen. So many things got massively slower, but this one is freaking me out.

0 Likes