Original topic:

Do you take Macro shots of flowers? How is your device for close focus?

(Topic created on: 08-30-2023 11:18 PM)
CanadianChonker
Active Level 3
Options
Plant

Curious about other S22 Ultra users who take macro shots. I have been taking macro shots of flowers ever since the S7, and the above shots were taken over the years with

S7, S8+ ,S8 Active, S9+ ,S10+ ,Note 20 Ultra and S23 Ultra

I miss the aperture ring from my S9+, I found it very useful in getting the right depth of field from a smaller aperture

I have had to work harder to get the shots I wanted with Note 20 Ultra and S23 Ultra. It's possible, but the drop off /blur is not as nice. I don't like the results of using the Ultra wide angle for macro - too much distortion

Some of my best macro shots are happy accidents - frame shot, leave it on auto. S23 Ultra I need to be in pro mode to get the shot I want.

Curious how other users are with S22/23 and macro

6 Comments
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Plant
S22 Ultra but all automatic mode1693507632038_1693507632020_0.jpg
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Plant
I have an olympus tough tg5 and it takes insane macro pictures. You can pic those cams up for a song these days on kijiji
0 Likes
Plant
I was thinking of getting one, the optional light ring is a neat attachment, thanks for the suggestion
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Plant
That's an awesome deal to get you into a great camera
0 Likes
Isab7
Active Level 1
Plant
Hello!
🤩Woww! How can you do these beautifull photos with your phone? What features do you use?

Me, i always have big trouble to get a "sort of" focus... Specially when i take a photo of old photos.. Or take photo of pages in a book...

I send you this photo of parsley in my little garden, just to show my bad focus...

I had bad focus with my S4, my S7, my S8+, and now with my Note 20 Ultra. So, i suppose that the problem is at 9 inches of the phone (me) ... 🤣

Do you have good tricks to share?😘
20230901_183306_1000004426_1693607705.jpg
0 Likes