Original topic:

Group Sharing

(Topic created on: 03-31-2023 03:34 PM)
mareryn880
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Account
Hi
My phone keeps asking me permission to allow group sharing with random notifications? Can someone please help me with why this is happening? I don't even know how to open group sharing
9 Comments
Samsung Account
Can you post screenshots?

From what I know, group sharing settings can be found in Settings > then click your account > Sharing with galaxy users.

You will see there the options and what it's used for.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @_nok_

Thank you for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @mareryn880 

I ma sorry to hear your having this issue. Could you please follow @_nok_ comment and let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

mareryn880
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Account
I did but I don't understand why its giving me pop ups?
0 Likes
Cy1
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Account

I also got one today I had never seen it before 

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @mareryn880

Based on what you have described. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @Cy1

I am sorry to hear you also having this issue. Please refer to my message bellow to @mareryn880 and send in an error repot so we can see why this is happening. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Kye_72
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Account
Hey Claudette, I'm having the same issue. It's pretty simple & really needs a chat. As a simple report will only lead to further confusion & frustration on both sides!!

After a recent update my phone began to randomly, request that I give or deny it permission to allow Group Sharing. To share media & photos. It comes in the form of a pop up at the most random of times. ie tonight whilst I wasn't even using my phone but returned to find pop up permission request. 🤔 There is no further information given. It doesn't say who or what I'm giving permission to share such items or with what or whom it would be sharing it with....nothing. Just a random cryptic question. 🤯 Which is why I always hit deny. However would be nice to know some further info to be able to make an informed decision & also hopefully stop it from reoccuring.

Hoping you can help 🙏🏻 🙂
Kye_72
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Account
Nvm! I continued to look for info/solution & came across this...
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/tips-learn-about-the-new-group-sharing/td-p...

Now I understand what it's all about. I'll simply switch it off in Settings. Hope this helps @mareryn880 & @Cy1 too! 😊
0 Likes