Original topic:

Outlook

(Topic created on: 03-26-2023 03:10 PM)
liz55
Beginner Level 4
Options
Samsung Account
My phone updated on Thursday and I found my outlook email has stopped receiving mail. Is this a coincidence? What can I do to fix it?
0 Likes
6 Comments
Samsung Account
Can you try signing out and signing back in?

Has there been an update for the outlook app?

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @

Thank you for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Account
You could try clearing the cache. Go to settings, Apps, look for the app that handles Outlook, go to Storage and you should see clear cache. You will lose all your local settings but probably not emails in Outlook itself assuming there is a web based version but there is the risk. I recently had this problem with gmail, did this and then restarted and on restart rhe emails reloaded and incoming emails worked again. If you don't have Outlook on another device I wouldn't even take the risk. You could also use backup, Settings, search for Backups and Restore, I prefer the Google option. If you have an SD card you can do a second backup there. Also check for hacking in case your emails are being diverted.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @Troubadour

Thank you for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @liz55

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Could you please refer to the comments below and let me know how it goes. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
liz55
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Account
Thanks all.
It was due to an update that somehow provided onedrive access to my photos. It caused my outlook to exceed storage limits.
I have deleted the files, disabled onedrive and will probably consider changing my email account.
Thanks for help.
0 Likes