Original topic:

Samsung Account Termination Notice

(Topic created on: 03-25-2023 05:10 PM)
BenMos
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Account
I received an email recently informing me that my account was to be deleted after 7 days. This was related to an information update that had been requested to me.

The first emails I received on this looked like scams, this reduced the trust aspect. Upon realising that there was indeed an issue with my account, and that it was to be deleted, a great deal of stress was added to an already stressful week. I have multiple devices which would be rendered inert upon my account being terminated.

When trying to fix this through the instructions given by the email, I first tried to call the number. The number only had prompts to sales and services if which had no relation to my issue. I was informed that I would simply get no response, and that I should hang up. This was an issue as these were direct instructions from the email. I proceeded to go into my Samsung account as again instructed by the email, there was no prompt like it claimed, so I had to go find it in settings and try to change it. I was unsure if this change was what the email had wanted, so I again tried to call customer support but I was unable to reach them, so I tried chatting.
The chat bot was completely incompetent, it only had prompts for sales and such, and upon meticulous trial and error it finally asked if I wanted live help, after which it took ages for someone to actually respond, and they had no idea how to help and have me a number which I can't even call yet.

This is multiple issues of which Samsung should not have, and their approach to a simple information issue is not acceptable, their community help was flawed an incompetent leaving a very stressful and unsuccessful experience. Making me question my continued use of Samsung.
12 Comments
Samsung Account
Just wondering, what information update did you request? Might be beneficial to give people here a heads up!
0 Likes
BenMos
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
It was age I'm pretty sure
cosmos123
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Account
I have had the same emails, they too were related to my age in my Samsung account. I can't even remember filling in any account information for Samsung.
0 Likes
SamsungRosie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
I have received this same notification. The message said that I needed to update my personal details,too. Is this a scam?
BenMos
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
I'm pretty sure it isn't a scam, at least mine wasn't because it didn't have any links, only a number to call, and this number matches the number given on its website
SamsungRosie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Sorry to ask, but where do I update my details if that phone number isn't successful? 😬
0 Likes
BenMos
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
I googled Samsung account, signed in through my account and went to settings, I'm not 100% sure if it worked though
SamsungRosie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Thank you BenMos for your help. I'll check it out.
BenMos
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
You're welcome, you might want to try checking it out yourself to have it all cleared up, but a weekday is better, and it's quite hassling so it'd make sense if you didn't