Original topic:

Sound not output from tablet connected to HDMI external display

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 10:19 AM)
FergusL
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi All,

When I plug my Samsung S6 tablet into a USB3 hub, then HDMI to external display I can't get any sound out of the tablet 

The only audio output showing is 'Headphones'. When not connected to hub the tablet shows the audio output 'This tablet' and works perfectly. 

Any ideas ?!?!!

Many thanks in advance :)

0 Likes
5 Comments
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. The setup which you are trying to achieve doesn't support it. We suggest you to try connecting via dex.

Change the default audio output (speaker) as follows:

1. Select the Quick Settings button (▲) at the bottom right of the Samsung DeX home screen.

2. Select [Audio output] from the Samsung Connect panel below the Quick Settings. You can check the list of devices where audio output is currently available.

3. Select [Display device] to play sounds via the connected display (TV or monitor).

Bradg
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
you're 100% wrong Georgine.
Samsung_EzQNB97
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Thank you. This worked. A bit of a pain

Do we know why this is happening? Never happened before until there was an update 🫣

Thanks 👍

JigsJab
Beginner Level 4
Samsung DeX

Connecting via Dex fixed the issue. Thanks Georgine. It worked.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, Glad to know that the issue got resolved. If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes