Original topic:

Wrong max heart rate and HR zones

(Topic created on: 07-14-2022 09:49 AM)
luizcga
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

Hi there,

I read that the HR zones in the app are fixed based on the users age and that it uses the formula (220 - age) to set the max heart rate.

I'm from 1978 (43 years old) and so my max heart rate should be (220 - 43 = 177) and my Maximum heart rate zone should be (159 - 177).

But the Samsung health app shows my max heart rate at 189 and all my zones based on that wrong value (my max zone is shown as 171 - 189) ...

I've tried backing up the data, reseting the whatch and then restoring the backup (suggested in another thread) but it still shows the wrong value.

What can I do to correct the issue ?

Best regards.

Luiz.

Jumaite
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have had the same issue now and done everything Samsung said to me to be done, without luck. The last i wrote to them was that there might be a software problem in this equation as it doesn't calculate max pulse after birth dato. 

I can see i am not the only one, so Samsung me should be looking at this more seriously.

I have written in Samsung members and after almost two weeks of trying haven't got a response for the last conversation.

0 Likes
pjl02000
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I am having the same issue.  It has been going on for many months. 

This has happened twice while I have been using Samsung Health to record my heart rate data through my paired Scosche heart rate monitor.  Most of the time over the past 1.5 years or so, my heart rate ranges have been correct (based on the 220 minus age formula to set maximum heart rate).  Both times the ranges stopped working correctly (by giving me an incorrect / inflated maximum heart rate that does not match 220 minus my age) it was right after I updated the Samsung Health app. 

The app started randomly working correctly after the first break down.  But this second break down has never corrected. 

I have even gotten a new phone (S22 Ultra) and restored my old heart rate data to the new phone and the Samsung Health app still has the incorrect maximum heart rate.

Will Samsung fix this widespread and long-standing problem?  

0 Likes
klowetx
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Dear Samsug,

We are halfway through 2022 and this has been going on for more than a few years.  I would have to believe that you have a well educated workforce.  But, smart and common sense must work hand in hand.  Smart people should see without many complaints that this is an issue and the common sense side should say this needs to be corrected because it is wrong.  Why would you want to put out a product that has wrong information?  I have to assume this one issue is to much of a challenge for your software engineers to correct and my guess is they will take the easiest path, either do nothing to correct an embarrassing feature or to remove it all together.   Either way, the product seems lacking.

My challenge to you is to resolve the issue and give us, YOUR CUSTOMER, a final answer.  Are you simply not going to correct this error?

djole
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

Same issue here, same watch. May 2022 the issue is not resolved!

AboveZnonofthe
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health
  • Does anyone at Samsung ever read these posts? This is an annoying problem that should have been fixed a long time ago! Unfortunately I am no longer 31 years old (220-31=189), so why can't the Samsung developers seem to fix this glaring issue??
Mehmet_C
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

problem still not solved do not buy samsung, i am going to return my galaxy watch 4

Notjustaname
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

They only understand lawsuits.  A HUGE class-action tort lawsuit is due.

0 Likes
kmer
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

What is the formula that the Galaxy 4 watch is supposed to be using?  Samsung Health shows my max HR as about 246-age,  not 220-age.

0 Likes
Nick100
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Hi Samsung, I have the same problem with the Samsung Health app, it shows the wrong heart rate zones. In the app it shows that my max heart rate at 189 and all my zones based on that wrong value, my max zone is shown as 171 - 189 etc. The app doesn't take my age into account.

I have tried every possible solution to the problem that can be read about but nothing has worked.

I have a Samsung S22 Ultra and a Watch 5 PRO connected to it. The strange thing is that the heart rate zones in the Watch 5 PRO are correct but not in the app.

I can see that I am not alone with this problem, there are many more.

The app is wrong, please Samsung fix the problem. At least give us an answer...

MasterSlacker
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Samsung health let's you adjust your maximum heart rate manually. Just click the info icon near the heart rate zones on the mobile app