Original topic:

Change Samsung Wallet Swipe-up to other

(Topic created on: 02-24-2024 04:23 AM)
Robandis
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Pay

My UK debit card is no longer working through my Samsung Wallet on my S21ultra.  However, it works in my Google Wallet app. Therefore I would like to use Google wallet as my Swipe-up payment app.  Why won't Samsung let me do this?  I have already made Google Wallet my default NFC payment option, and also my double-press side button as well.  

Don't know why my debit card will not work through Samsung anymore, I've verified the details numerous times?

0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Are you located in the UK?

Samsung Wallet should support any Financial Institutions that Support Samsung Wallet. 

You should be able to use Samsung Wallet, in any countries where your debit / credit cards are accepted. 

I don't use NFC for my Canadian Plastic. 

0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Technically, the Samsung Wallet is region locked based on the country code built-in phone system. Therefore, appropriate payment cards used in that region can be added into samsung wallet. The security methods are different from the Google wallet.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

If you mean to say that, you can only add credit / debit cards from Financial Institutions in the country where Samsung Wallet was registered initially, that is correct. However you can travel to other countries, and use the cards added from your home country, anywhere that you can use your credit / debit cards... in other words, I can use Samsung Wallet, in any countries where my Canadian credit / debit cards are accepted.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/can-i-use-samsung-pay-in-foreign-countries/

0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
That's right. Once your appropriate payments cards are added into samsung wallet seccucessfully, you can use them with a Samsung wallet around the world. I am using my watch / phone with Samsung wallet wherever I travel to. Certainly, it's very convenient and enjoyable.
In addition, one more limitation from a security point of view is that only less than $200 bills can be paid by Samsung wallet per my experiences so many years. Technically, you still need to carry your physical credit cards with you for paying big hotel fees or big items in stores.
0 Likes