Original topic:

Couldnt set Samsung Wallet Verification method

(Topic created on: 05-07-2024 03:05 AM)
RizwanC
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
My Samsung Wallet stopped working after an update. Get an error saying Couldnt set Samsung Wallet Verification method. Anyone know of any fixes?

17 Comments
RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
It's not the pin. I can't even setup the wallet. I've completely un-installed and reinstalled it but can't get into the app because of the error
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Any chance you have a Canadian & a US Samsung account?

I remember when I first got a Samsung, I set up my account on Samsung.com, not Samsung.com/ca 

?

Is it possible that you are trying to validate Samsung Wallet with the US account? 

RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
It's a canadian samsung account 100%
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Strange.. Did you download Samsung Wallet from the Play Store, or Galaxy Store (it SHOULDN'T make a difference, but)? 

If you downloaded it from the Galaxy Store, try Uninstalling & Download from the Play Store... see if that works? 

Kind of grasping at straws here.. 

If you have USB Debugging on, try Toggling it OFF. 

If you're using any Package Disabler, Enable everything that you Disabled, same thing if you used adb to disable anything.

In Settings > About Phone go to Status Information, does it say Official or Unofficial? 

Last resort would be to Factory Reset. 

RizwanC
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Tried both stores. I'm on official software and no package disabler. Appreciate all the suggestions. I won't be bothered to do a factory reset and will have to resort to using Google wallet instead.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Very odd situation.
app not disabled, uninstall and re-installed from both sources - no updates, official Samsung SW, no package disablers, no VPN's - yet unable to register.

Wait is THIS a corporate owned and deployed device or a personal device on a corporate server for Calendars, Email, Contacts,and apps/website access?

IF so ... is there an MDM/EMM (Mobile Device Management, Enterprise Mobile Management) profile installed?!

If so, when you preview it, what are the restrictions?
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
WICKED tip nonetheless! Bookmarked.
Curious how long it took for people to appreciate your technical prowess and postings - very little are to mine. (that's for a side not or private msg some other time).
0 Likes
Lektron
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Pay

I have this same problem. I was sure I had merged Pass with Wallet before and I was using Samsung Pay everyday. Now, Wallet won't install because of the verification error. I do not have my google account installed, so I used the Sam Store or APK Pure for most other apps. At first, there were fake IDs install in Wallet but when I went to merge, it got stuck. I still have a credit card in Pass but I can't use it. I've uninstalled Wallet, but can't uninstall Pass. I've signed out of my account, (is that the same as remove?) I cleared cache and data. Any other suggestions? I live in Silicon Valley, USA.

0 Likes