Original topic:

Samsung Wallet Canada Needs Tap to Pay without Wake/Unlock

(Topic created on: 04-11-2024 08:23 AM)
Klaus604
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
Other regions have a Samsung Wallet feature where a default card can be selected and allowed to authorize small purchases without needing to wake/unlock the phone. This is especially helpful for transit systems that allow contactless payments like TTC in Toronto and Translink in Vancouver. 

Apple Pay/Google Wallet have this feature in Canada. Why not Samsung Wallet? Why is Canada always overlooked by Samsung?
9 Comments
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi Klaus604, thank you for your suggestion and we certainly think it would be a nice feature to have. We are doing our best to communicate constructive suggestions to relevant teams, and we will be happy to pass along your feedback.

Klaus604
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Thanks @samsung_ben
IvanWang
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
I actually felt the opposite way tho. I never use Google wallet because I felt it is not safe 🔒 since I don't need to unlock my phone to complete the transaction. I personally prefer to unlock my phone with my permission before any merchants can charge me from tapping. 📱💰 But I guess it's good to leave this option open to the users. 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Klaus604
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Yep, important to have the option.
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
Ummmm,... Just no. NO!. Big time no no. 🙂
0 Likes
Klaus604
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Someone's never taken transit in a big city before 🙄
0 Likes
Heuberto
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
I take transit all day. I'm just interested in more SECURE options is all. What your suggesting is not. I use a card in my Hometown. Don't have sign into anything to use it.
0 Likes
Klaus604
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Cool. It's an optional feature in regions where it's available. So I still don't get why you don't want people to have it when it would be helpful to them. Let them decide for themselves if they want their transit or payment card available for small purchases. And it's no less secure than a physical card, which can be tapped without authentication.
0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi Heuberto, I want to reassure you that the security and privacy are our top priorities. Whenever our engineers and developers receive feedback, they carefully inspect it through the lens of privacy and security. 

0 Likes