Original topic:

Samsung Wallet works on my S24 Ultra but not my Watch 6

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 12:42 PM)
kyol
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Pay

Picked up a Galaxy Watch 6 today and have been setting it up - looks like it won't detect the TD Visa Debit from my Samsung Wallet on S24 Ultra. I can pay with the phone no problem just by tapping, but opening the Samsung Wallet "Watch plug-in" app on the phone results in a message "No cards available - Add something to Samsung Wallet on your phone, then come here to add it to your watch."

Should I uninstall the watch plug-in app and reinstall? Very confused. Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, if Samsung Wallet isn't working properly on your Samsung smart watch, the issue is most likely the Samsung Pay plug-in.

You can uninstall and reinstall the plug-in as well as the Galaxy Wearable app, and then try connecting again.

0 Likes
kyol
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

Hi Helenna, I uninstalled "Watch plug-in" from my phone, but the Wallet app is still on my watch, and says "Please connect via Bluetooth" when I try to add a card.

0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
I think it's because you have a co-badge card. The watch pay only supports credit cards. For co-badge visa debit cards, they are automatically added as debit card.
I suggest trying another card that is only credit.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay on the watch doesn't work with debit cards, so you'll have to set up your Google Wallet on your Samsung watch, which works with all cards like normal on your phone. You can set up a button shortcut and hand gestures to conveniently access it for payment.
0 Likes