Original topic:

So much frustration on this app.

(Topic created on: 01-28-2024 11:56 AM)
WolfeGG
Active Level 5
Options
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I purchased my s22 ultra in Manila and I have brought it to KL since I stay here for a couple of yeara now. I wanted to set up my samsung pay(now samsung wallet) but I keep hitting error sayimg its not compatible.

I have contact the support for Samsung PH products and was not able to provide me any resolution.

I did reach out to Samsung MY but they wont entertain samsung products bought outside Malaysia.

I really wanted to us this feature for quite some time and is really frustrating that I cant use it. I hope I can get a more reasonable solution on this matter from samsung.

6 Comments
Slly
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
its because Samsung wallet is region lock,to prevent unwanted security breach.and u can only use the cards issued in the same country where the phone was purchased.
0 Likes
WolfeGG
Active Level 5
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Yeah but if you move to another country which supports it you won't be able to use it which is kind of a bummer.
0 Likes
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Try: Clear Samsung wallet Data then Uninstall the App, then reset the phone settings and chenge region. Once done, try installing the Samsung wallet App and try with your bank card. But make sure it's a Malaysian Bank Card.
0 Likes
WolfeGG
Active Level 5
Samsung Wallet/Pay
My region is Malaysia already and I can't uninstall since its not even installed yet.
0 Likes
vicchong
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Could be tagged to samsung account. Can try sign-up another new account with Malaysia details.
0 Likes
WolfeGG
Active Level 5
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I actually switched my account to Malaysia country already. and I still get the same error message.
0 Likes