Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Messeges vs Google Messages RCS

(Topic created on: 10-23-2023 01:32 AM)
CJTansengco
Active Level 3
Options
Support
I just have a quick and short inquiry in hopes someone from the community (or perhaps) the moderators can address.

From the day or purchase to the present time, I've been using mostly Samsung applications on my phone but the one that hasn't performed flawlessly is the messages app from Samsung, particularly the RCS feature.

There would be times despite leaving it on, disconnects, and by the time I am about to send a message, it is already disconnected to which I've found myself having to disconnect and reconnect with the WiFi just to get it to work.

In contrast to Google's, it works 95% of the time. Now obviously some might say "just use google messages", however I'd like to separate things just to keep things organize and given that Samsung apps are being optimized constantly, I'd like to give this a try.

However, can someone tell me how to fix this, as the RCS feature just keeps failing, it is grayed out so no option to turn on and off.

Whenever I tried to active, it fails.

- forced stop
- clear cache
- reboot

Same thing, but whenever I would open Google Messages, it works just ine.

0 Likes
3 Comments
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Support
Try Clear Data instead of clear cache. Also, turn on both wifi and mobile data when you try to register for RCS or use mobile data only.

Ps. Not 100% guaranteed to work.
0 Likes
CJTansengco
Active Level 3
Support
didn't work 😅
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Support

Hi CJT8Five,

I'm actually not sure why you can't register for Chat features -- you should be able to with no problem. However I think you'll have to wait for a future update to get this feature to work again. I don't really have a way to remotely see what's up with your device, so this is the best advice I can give for now (short of taking your device to a Service Center, but I don't think this warrants it.)

Although personally I understand a lot of the frustrations people have over the stock Messages app. My personal phone is currently using Textra as the SMS platform (becasue I'm a sucker for the old Android Material You design, plus its RCS features are actually pretty decent)

I know you'd like to stick to the stock app for now, but I guess we'll need a bit more time to fix up the app! I'll forward an error report for you. 

We really appreciate your patience 🙏