Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Wallet app launched to store cards, IDs, digital keys, in one place

(Topic created on: 06-16-2022 05:45 PM)
butete
Options
Support

Today, Samsung officially launched the Samsung Wallet app. This is the combination of old Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass apps to provide users with a single comprehensive digital wallet that can store everything from digital tickets to IDs, credit and debit cards, and others.

Samsung Wallet is safe to use and is protected by defense-grade security from Samsung Knox. The app also uses the Open Galaxy ecosystem by integrating with the Samsung Blockchain Wallet to help users easily monitor cryptocurrencies and SmartThings to unlock doors with a digital key.

Introducing the application, the company says that this is a new platform for Galaxy users that lets them organize digital keys, boarding passes, identification cards, and more. However, Samsung also says that the Wallet app doesn’t support official IDs such as driver’s licenses and student IDs for now. But it will release this functionality later this year.

Samsung Wallet app availability

At this time, the Samsung Wallet is available in six countries including France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and the US. It requires Samsung Pay-enabled Galaxy phones running Android 9 Pie or later. Some elements require an eSE-enabled device. For the full list of compatible devices, visit the official Samsung website.

11 Comments
garrifff
Active Level 5
Support
not a fan of samsung pass, or any similar apps. i think it's great nman for convenience no doubt. but i dunno, i'd still prefer to have control somehow than having an app to autofill my pws.

ewan, i might change my mind. eh i've enabled nman my biometrics for app logins like GCash, Upwork, UB etc. so technically i've utilized similar features 🤣. ang lito ko dba. lol

tho i've saved all of my pws on OneNote so i don't forget them.
0 Likes
Support
ung kaakibat perks at funtionality sadly since s7e days di naging available satin
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Thanks for sharing this information here, butete! Hopefully, this would be available to us soon. 🤞

Support
please Ssung make it available here
0 Likes
Support
just flip the switchScreenshot_20220618-014125_Samsung Wallet Digital Key_11761_1655487685.jpgScreenshot_20220618-014330_Samsung Wallet Digital Key.jpgScreenshot_20220618-014320_Samsung Pass.jpg
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
My A12 probably won't support Samsung Wallet... even the Samsung Pass. And my A12 won't have Samsung Pay because it's running One UI Core. So I hope Samsung Wallet will be available here.
Support
its almost hereScreenshot_20220616-234711_Package installer_11652_1655394913.jpg
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Support
Ok. Do I need VPN?
0 Likes
Support
just installled from apk mirror
0 Likes