Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Service Repair

(Topic created on: 09-19-2022 09:46 AM)
メメWOLFメメ
Active Level 7
Options
Support
Just got my device today, had the Water-Resistance Adhesive replaced due to the old one wearing out and caused half of the back panel to separate from the frame. Welp, I told the Samsung CS what happened and they asked for my PIN for the device so that they can do a system check or device check, I asked why coz the work I'm asking is just replacing the IP Adhesive, they said it's required so I did.

Well just checking stuff and decided to check the activity logs then this is what I found (check screenshot attached). Why do they need to connect to a VPN, and I can't find anything about that VPN. Then I'm not saying they did but is there a way to know if they looked up data on my device since they have the PIN and had it connected on their PC? I'm more concern on the Secure Folder and Samsung Pass, both I have data that is confidential (not matured related stuff). I'm not aware they would connect my device on a PC, coz my issue doesn't need any internal replacements just an Adhesive so yeah I did not have time to prepare for it and remove stuff off the Secure Folder and Samsung Pass.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hello Anther,

Thank you for reaching out to us to bring this to our attention.

We regret and apologize for any inconvenience and unpleasant experience brought about by one of our Samsung Service Center. 

Samsung Electronics knows how important privacy is to our customers, and we will do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information, so you can make an informed decision.

If you feel and insist your privacy has been violated, please report it immediately on the online Samsung support channels below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/contact/#onlinesupport  

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or Contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
84222111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

View solution in context

8 Comments
Support
That is a concern for data privacy. Hopefully a moderator can handle this concern of yours. 😊
Support
+1 on this comment. Or maybe Sam can provide clarity.
Support
I hope they would clarify this coz I found another odd access request, but on Wi-Fi.
I don't remember seeing that "Shell" before and can't find it on the App list.
I did find something about it when I looked it up on the net, but no answer to what it is..Screenshot_20220920-103511_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Support
Have you tried raising your concern to customer service? If not yet, best to wait for Sam or one of the moderatoes to respond on your post.
Support
I'm planning to call them now actually, I was just awoken by a call from a Fraud caller, it's a random number kinda odd receiving it less than 24 hours after having the device checked..
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hello Anther,

Thank you for reaching out to us to bring this to our attention.

We regret and apologize for any inconvenience and unpleasant experience brought about by one of our Samsung Service Center. 

Samsung Electronics knows how important privacy is to our customers, and we will do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information, so you can make an informed decision.

If you feel and insist your privacy has been violated, please report it immediately on the online Samsung support channels below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/contact/#onlinesupport  

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or Contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
84222111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)
Support
hope samaung address this
Support
Called Samsung support they told me that it's normal for the service center to ask for the password or do a system check, but when I asked regarding the VPN they said they can't find anything about it and have to phone the service center on what was the VPN used for..

Before I even bring my phone to the service center I called them and told them my concern, they just said I should visit them but they didn't mention anything about doing a factory reset or steps to secure data. I learned about those when I'm at the service center so I wasn't able to transfer or delete stuff.
PS I'm not saying they looked up data I'm just wondering what's with the VPN and why CS support doesn't know that VPN when the tools used by the technician came from Samsung..
0 Likes