Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Warranty question

(Topic created on: 05-18-2023 08:29 PM)
SushiGrip
Active Level 1
Options
Support
If i buy a product that is only available abroad right now, then later down the line that said product becomes available in the local market, does the warranty still apply if i find any defects? Or when i just need repairs?
I know you cant claim a warranty if you buy a product abroad and is not available in your local market, but what if that product becomes available? Does it count or no? I dont really wanna buy anything abroad knowing that i wouldnt be able to get repairs from an authorized service center. 
9 Comments
Support
better buy here rather abroad
0 Likes
SushiGrip
Active Level 1
Support
Well the thing is, its not available here, and even though i said that maybe it will be available here in the future, i have doubts and would likely have to wait for the next generation.
0 Likes
cvmiranda
Active Level 4
Support
IMO, di parin sya counted. Yung warranty is magiging available pa din dun sa country kung san mo nabili.
0 Likes
SushiGrip
Active Level 1
Support
Well that makes sense, but i will still wait for a samsung moderator to answer it instead, its more credible.
Support
@TeamGalaxyRene
0 Likes
SushiGrip
Active Level 1
Support
If you've been following my posts, yes this is about the galaxy book 3 ultra, i just wanna know more about this laptop in terms of availability and if theres any slim of hope of it being made available globally to more countries in the future. If the book 3 doesnt become available globally then i atleast hope that the galaxy book 4 ultra (if thats gonna be a thing next year february) will be available globally.
Honestly seeing the reviews, its not a perfect laptop, the 60W limit on the gpu definitely hurts, i might just wait for the book 4 series next year (again if there will be one next year) and see if theres any improvements. The battery also drains very fast, something i wanna see get improved next year, maybe an average of 10+ hours?
I really need a good laptop, my pc is outdated and its also for education. Samsung is my preferred choice, plus i am also in the ecosystem. I have seen bad reviews about other brands thus if possible i wanna get a samsung laptop. My only other choice for now though, is asus and they're not exactly known for having good build quality products.
Support
As far as I know, Samsung doesn't offer global warranty coverage. I've inquired before with a Samsung store in SG and they said all their products have local warranty only. Not sure in other countries if they offer a global warranty.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Support

Hello SushiGrip,

Can you please provide a specific product and model that you are planning to buy abroad?

To learn more about warranty, you may click the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/warranty/ 

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
SushiGrip
Active Level 1
Support
Galaxy book 3 ultra, I already know that you cant claim a warranty if the product is not being sold locally. I was just wondering whether you will be able to claim a warranty if said product became available in the local market even though it was bought overseas. Worse thing is that products that are not sold locally cant be repaired, which is a bummer.
I highly doubt it will be available globally anyway, just wanted to ask out of curiosity. Following their moves, maybe the next generation of galaxy books will be available globally so thats something atleast. For now though, i might just go for other laptops brands.
0 Likes