Original topic:

Quick share on my Galaxy Tab S9 FE doesn't share with my Galaxy phone

(Topic created on: 03-05-2024 09:18 AM)
Thisismirage
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tablets

My Galaxy Tab S9 FE fails to share anything with my Note20 Ultra 5G. Whenever I attempt to send a file using Quick Share, a pop-up appears on the receiving device displaying "preparing" for several seconds, after which the share fails. No "Accept" or "deny" buttons appear. On the sending device, it says "connecting."

The same issue occurs whether I'm sending from the phone to the tablet or vice versa.

All Quick Share-related apps are up-to-date on both devices.

When I share from or to my phone with other Galaxy devices, it works flawlessly. Similarly, using my tablet with other devices also works fine. Hence, the problem lies specifically with the devices linked to the same account.

I've confirmed this problem as a friend of mine encountered the exact same issue with his Galaxy phone and Tab S9 FE.

Previously, I relied on Google's Nearby Sharing as an alternative. However, now that it's merged with Quick Share, I'm left without a solution.

0 Likes
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Tablets

Try Clearing BOTH Cache & Data for the Quick Share app. 

Go to Settings > Apps TOGGLE ON "Show System Apps" & Search for "Quick Share", Click on it & Scroll down to Storage & Clear Both Cache & Data & Reboot.

See if that fixes the issue for you? 

Are you using any device installed VPN etc? 

0 Likes
Thisismirage
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

Already tried this solution, no luck. I even cleared cache and data of associated apps.

I'm using VPN on both devices, but I turn it off when sharing.

0 Likes