Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Can factory reset watch4

(Topic created on: 03-21-2024 06:56 PM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Wearables
So i had my watch4 connected to my phone, then without thinking about my watch (i never wear it), I factory reset my phone. So now my watch has a passcode i dont remember, I can't pull down the quick panel without the passcode and I'm wanting to post my watch for sale but I can't figure out how to reset it. I've even tried pressing both side buttons at the same time until I see it turn on to try and get the boot menu but can't seem to get the boot menu to load... Help?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rad
Active Level 5
Wearables
Hold both buttons till it restarts let go of bottom botton then spam press the top botton :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
Solution
rad
Active Level 5
Wearables
Hold both buttons till it restarts let go of bottom botton then spam press the top botton :)
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Wearables
That didn't work
0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Wearables
Might take a couple trys hopefully you get it that's how I reset mine when I forgot passcode . Mines a classic not sure if that matters or not .
Goodluck
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Wearables
I ended up getting a pixelated miniature version of the bootloading menu and first I clicked factory and nothing happened so I try it again got the same mini pixelated bootloading menu and went to recovery this time which gave me the regular looking boot loading money that I'm used to on my phone and I was able to factory reset from there so my issue has been solved and my watch has been factory reset! Thanks for the solution!!!
0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Wearables
I'm glad you got it :)
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi Atsirt, we appreciate your efforts in trying all the necessary troubleshooting steps.

However, you are still experiencing issues with your watch, please visit a Samsung authorized service center or Samsung experience store to get it examined by the service technician.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

You can carry the device to the nearest Samsung experience store. 

SES store (Yorkdale; Eaton Center; Sherway Garden)

Thank you.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

factory reset a Galaxy Watch 4 directly from the watch:

From the main watch face, drag down.

Select Settings.

Scroll down and select General.

Scroll down and tap Reset.

Select Reset to confirm. Your watch will immediately being the reset procedure.

0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Wearables
Yes I can't even swipe down to get to the Quick settings because I need the passcode which I can't remember so that's my issue LOL but I'm going to try what rad suggested and will let you guys know
0 Likes