Original topic:

Can not find Galaxy Bud Live left earbud. Apps are not helping

(Topic created on: 01-23-2024 06:20 AM)
LukeSMSa
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

have the Galaxy Buds Live and woke up one day missing one. It's got no battery/may be out of range and won't connect to my phone.

I have tried to wade through the AI generated articles that Google throws at me and have found the below information from the Samsung website:

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-find-my-watch-and-buds-using-galaxy-wear...

On my app there's no option to find via the map, only via sound, which obviously doesn't work when the headphones are dead. I have installed the Smartthings app and the Find app that accompanies it and I can manually add the headphones to my Smartthings as a 'personal device', but when I try to add via the search function then no headphones are listed, even after typing in 'buds' 'galaxy' 'live' 'pro' etc. It's just fridges and airtags, no headphones. When I open the 'Find' app, no headphones are listed, just my phones that I've had over the last decade.

Why is the advice on the official website not related to the real experience? Why do the buds not show up under 'Add Device' on Smart Things? When they say 'add via QR code', which one? There's tons on the packaging.

6 Comments
Al-001
Active Level 7
Wearables
I am confused with the apps of Smartthing and Find, too, when adding devices. Certainly, those apps need to be improved with the Samsung devices list.
0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hi LukeSMSa, we are sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience with Smartthings Find and we understand your frustration. 

Prior to the launch of SmartThings Find, the only way to locate your Galaxy Buds Live was by using the 'Ring' feature. If you haven't updated your Galaxy Buds Live software or the Galaxy Wearable app, it's possible that you won't be able to locate them using the map feature.

After SmartThings Find is launched and you've updated your Galaxy Buds Live, a list of devices will appear when you register for SmartThings Find, allowing you to choose which devices you want to add to SmartThings Find. If you've previously added your Galaxy Buds Live to SmartThings Find, you should be able to locate them using the 'Navigate' feature.

However, if you've only installed SmartThings Find after misplacing your Galaxy Buds Live, it's possible that the earbuds weren't properly registered into the SmartThings network, which means you could only locate them via the 'Ring' feature.

We value your feedback and we will communicate this to the appropriate team so the user experience of Smartthings Find can be made more seamless.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Smart Things is a better way to locate your devices. It will show the location on a map.

Screenshot_20240123_170047.jpg

0 Likes
Elcfuoi
Active Level 1
Wearables
What do my BlackwebHPhone005C is not going on my phone
0 Likes
Elcfuoi
Active Level 1
Wearables
Hey
0 Likes