cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy 5 watch (water resistant only as per service center)

(Topic created on: 02-11-2024 12:41 AM)
TinSong
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Just wanna ask what's the sense of warranty? When all of parts will be paid for repair. Before anything else my husband just bought my watch last december 2023. I did some research though before I use it on swimming. But something happened i did snorkle last feb 3 wearing my watch, then after 10mins it shutdown then never open again. When I brought it to service center they checked it then total amount to be paid, if I pursue on repair is 16,770.00 what the ***! It almost cost like a brand new watch as i buyed it 16,990.00 no discout or promo or anything 😐. Then service centers are claiming it's not waterproof it's only water resistant but samsung.com web says that it is waterproof so whats the truth? I'm so dissapointed i need to rant if samsung can help I would be very thankful. 🙏🥲
5 Comments
TinSong
Active Level 1
Wearables
This is the text I received when they checked it. received_6989068484544626_1000026208_1707641127.jpg
0 Likes
Alexis94
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi! May I know the link where it said waterproof? Most gadgets nowadays are only dust and water-resistant to some degree. Like flagship Samsung devices are IP68, meaning they resist dust and water at a certain level. The watch is also advised not to be used in open water like the sea, if you use it there, because of the high salt content that will damage the water resistance of the device.

As far as I know, I am also an owner of a galaxy watch (galaxy watch 3 and soon a galaxy watch 6 classic), samsung advises that it is only best to be used in fresh water areas. Not even a pool if it is treated with high levels of chlorine. It is very sensitive on that part, to say the least.
TinSong
Active Level 1
Wearables
It is posted on samsung.com
Sadly i used it on sea water 😟
I should be more careful as the price is not a joke 🙁 first time owner here 💔 mashaket pa sa heartbreak.

https://www.samsung.com/us/watches/galaxy-watch5/buy/?modelCode=SM-R905UZAAXAAreceived_916101326808600_1000026209_1707642052.jpg
0 Likes
Alexis94
Active Level 3
Wearables
Okay, they should change that label or put an asterisk in it. I feel bad for you.

Take a look at that part and search everything that's indicated most especially IP68 and you'll understand what I am saying. Aside from that you can search online if Watch 5 is water resistant or waterproof and you'll get the answer, too.
TinSong
Active Level 1
Wearables
Okay thanks 🥲
Now i understand IP68. I should have watch youtube tests first before anything else lesson learned.