Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Pink Screen of Death

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 07:35 AM)
AdrianPH
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
There seems to be an issue with the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic where the screen turns into pink. The device itself works since everything else can be detected by Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health apps, but screen is just pink. Also happens randomly, some within a year and mine was two-year old.

It looks to be a common issue, as you can see in this link:

I guess it would be better if others on here can share so Samsung can get on this.

Regards,

AR
0 Likes
15 Comments
Wearables
Looks like an amoled burn.
0 Likes
AdrianPH
Active Level 2
Wearables
More like broken Amoled.

Amoled Burn-in leaves a permanent shadow of whatver static object was there on that spot, and in these cases, there's no space to leave those burn marks in as its just a blank screen
0 Likes
Wearables
If you think that is broken amoled, samsung would not mind you at all. Just have your screen replaced.
0 Likes
AdrianPH
Active Level 2
Wearables
Thanks for the advice but the point here is that its a more common issue for GWatch 4 than any other Galaxy Watch Generation and that it seems to occur randomly.
0 Likes
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Wearables
Based on the reddit post you provided seems like most of them faced the same issue and it seems suspicious......like it happens at sync (what i mean is like at the same time the issue will occur, and same as the other day according the their comments) 😳 😳

Do you think that is there a connection between the release of Galaxy Fit 3? 😬 (just kidding, please samsung don't ban me at this)

Some of them said that it might caused by the software update of the watch, the one ui watch 5

Like it's so sad, kasi balak ko pa naman bumili ng Galaxy Watch 4 by the month of April 😭
0 Likes
AdrianPH
Active Level 2
Wearables
Some of the comments were from 6 months or so ago while some just recently and at around the same time mine got the same issue.

I guess people googled the issue and landed on the Reddit post when their watches had issues so the timelines appear to be within a few days of each other.

And yes, it all happened randomly. Mine was working fine; i was driving, came to a stop about two hours into the route, checked to see the time and saw this.

Oh, by the way, Service Center charged me about P5k parts + labor, which is at around 60% of the cost of a new old stock GWatch 4 Classic.

Went ahead and got the Fit 3 instead lol
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Wearables
Yeah getting the Galaxy Fit 3 is such a good move too! But you loss some of the features such as downloadable apps on play store and the Samsung BIA sensor. Anyway as long as fitness and sleep tracking is your focus, it didn't seem like the missing of BIA sensor a hassle😅 the reason why it called "Fit 3" is more focused on fitness use😉
AdrianPH
Active Level 2
Wearables
Agree.

I'm missing out on features like ECG and BP Monitoring (the latter I'd rather use an actual cuff), and some other stuff like controlling your Buds from your wrist. And it also looks like a regular watch with 3rd party bands and bezels, and watchfaces.

Most of the other GWatch features I don't really use that much, or I'd rather use my phone anyways (like calls / SMS, Google Assistant).

Oh and the battery life of the Fit3 is a lot better. All features on gets me a solid 48 hours while I can only get 24 Hours tops on GWatch 4.
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Wearables
Yes, you nailed it! And yes the battery of the fit 3 might last for day or 2 (maybe b'coz it doesn't have BIA sensor)

And yeah maybe BIA sensor might be the reason why galaxy watch runs out of battery quickly since the BIA sensor is always monitoring the body status