Original topic:

GW6 Classic overheated!!

(Topic created on: 02-22-2024 07:39 PM)
DamonHarry
Beginner Level 5
Options
Wearables
Help, God knows it's impossible to get through to Samsung AU. I purchased a Tab S9 Ultra and Galaxy watch6 classic in July last year from the edu store, both have been terrific. Last weekend, not particularly hot during the day, mowing my lawn, the watch recognises a workout, which it is so all well. Then comes the shut downs and overheat warnings, check my watch, take it off my wrist and it's hot, very hot on the sensor array and battery drops from 60 to 40%. That's unusual as I generally charge every morning and it's always about 48%. Reset the messages, occurred again straight away, watch still very hot and now down to 20%. Moving on, watch is showing 0% battery, won't take a charge using the Samsung branded chargers purchased at the same time. Lithium battery is toast id say.

Disappointing Samsung, not cause of the failure, but I can't even log a "mail-in" service claim. I can't chose a "Symptom" no drop down box etc, tried tablet and Windows pc etc. Tried calling, lines very busy and initiated a call back 48 hours ago. Nothing yet.

You need to do better Samsung. Please contact me
6 Comments
Katherine19
Active Level 2
Wearables
We've had a *** of a time getting service from them. Ridiculous, it's really is not good enough!!
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I really do hope you cam get it sorted but I won't hold my breath.
Sometimes easier to purchase through a different company just so you don't have to deal with Samsung directly.
DamonHarry
Beginner Level 5
Wearables
Still no call back. Attached is the issue, you can't choose the symptoms which means you can't get past this page to mail in the watch as i live over an hour away from a service partner. 1708646935871.jpg
Katherine19
Active Level 2
Wearables
Yeah. Really don't know why they are this bad. But we've got probably over $5000 of Samsung products we want and need to get But try getting it through them esp as we have a special card for veterans for discounts. We're still waiting for a call back from the main office from management, soon it'll be 2wks and still nothing!!!
LuckyKimi71
Active Level 6
Wearables
@samsungerika @samsungsupport please help this customer
blunderbuss89
Active Level 6
Wearables
Have you tried contacting your nearest service centre for an assessment?

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/
0 Likes
blunderbuss89
Active Level 6
Wearables
Ope sorry just saw you live an hour away. Worth a shot if you still want to pursue the issue.
0 Likes